October 2010 Weddings

XP - Ceremony recessional music ideas

I posted this on my local board, but wanted to get your ladies' ideas too! 

We are having a live classical string duo play for our ceremony.  I am thinking of maybe doing a mix of some classical and contemporary...so far thinking:

Prelude (while guests are seated) various classical
Mothers entrance - something classical
Bridal Party Processional - Canon in D
Bridal Processional - At Last
Recessional - ??
Postlude - something classical

Any ideas for the recessional that would kinda go with a mix of classical and contemporary?  (And go with the above music...)  I've been searching and am so far just kinda stumped!   

If you've chosen your music already, what are you using for your recessional? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image image

Re: XP - Ceremony recessional music ideas

• I am by no means an expert on classical at all.  The piece of music that came to mind when I read your post though was Brahms symphony # 3.  The third movement.  The reason I chose this is I like the way it flows.  And really to be honest one of my favorite songs took a lot of umm inspiration (to put it nicely) from it. The modern/contempary song is Love of my life (acustic not the other one as I think it is awful) by Dave Matthews, CArlos Santana and Tim Reynolds.

For my ceremony music I am using :
    Prelude (while guests are seated) various jazz
    Mothers entrance - jazz
    Bridal Party Processional - The nearness of you
    Bridal Processional -
    Your love is amazing - Darrell Evans (which is a worship song but I love the intro and I have a short aisle).
    Recessional - I feel good - James Brown.  (I am thinking that since it starts off with a bit of a scream it may startle people but, it just seems to capture what I picture the excitement I will feel to finally being married).
    Postlude:  more jazz
    Hope this helps.  I love music and am constantly thinking about not only the sound of the music but what it is saying.  Which is why I can't say which jazz songs yet as I keep changing my mind. 

- Crystallee What we choose changes us. Who we love transforms us, how we create reshapes is, what we do remakes us. - Dr. Eugene Callender
  • We're using Vivaldi's Four Seasons - Fall for our recessional. We're doing all classical music though.
  • Hrm.  I'm using a Bad Company song, so I don't know how much help I can be!  lol

I've heard of a lot of people using "Ode to Joy"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wod-MudLNPA

Or maybe Trumpet Voluntary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lTTWraugCI
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
    Perfect love drives out fear.
  • I'm pretty sure we are leaving to the wedding march ??  I know its corny, but I still love it :)
    Married 10/10/10 Baby due 10/03/11 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker My Bio/Blog...updated 9/01
  • We are walking out to "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles.  Think Love,Actually only with a string trio.  Our processional is an opera piece.
  • CTbride79CTbride79
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited July 2010
    I don't think the 'Wedding March' is corny Liz!  LOL  I think it's classic...I just feel like I want something slightly out of the norm, if that makes sense! 

I LOVE 'All You Need is Love'...especially because I am a Beatle fan like you Cara AND I Love 'Love Actually'!  I think I mentioned it to FI though a while back and he may have vetoed it...but it's a possibility in my mind if he didn't...lol 

I've been looking around today though and think I may have found the perfect recessional for us...Handel's 'Halleuah Chorus'!  I kinda think it may fit in with 'At Last' :-P  I'm going to bring it up with FI tonight! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    image image image
  • Awww haha I think that's a cute idea!
  • jacki_suejacki_sue
    2500 Comments
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: XP - Ceremony recessional music ideas:
    I don't think the 'Wedding March' is corny Liz!  LOL  I think it's classic...I just feel like I want something slightly out of the norm, if that makes sense!  I LOVE 'All You Need is Love'...especially because I am a Beatle fan like you Cara AND I Love 'Love Actually'!  I think I mentioned it to FI though a while back and he may have vetoed it...but it's a possibility in my mind if he didn't...lol  I've been looking around today though and think I may have found the perfect recessional for us...Handel's 'Halleuah Chorus'!  I kinda think it may fit in with 'At Last', which is a song I love but also happens to go with the 'theme' of our long engagement :-P  I'm going to bring it up with FI tonight! 
    Posted by CTbride79

As an added bonus, it's a tradtion that people stand up at the Hallelujah Chorus.  So maybe they'll stand and clap!!

J
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
    Perfect love drives out fear.
  • edited July 2010
    Prelude: I figured 3 or 4 songs here..to keep the guests entertained while they are waiting/getting seated  

Kiss the Girl---- from The Little Mermaid (Yes im a dork)Some Enchanted Evening--Frank Sinatra
    The Impossible Dream
    All I Ask of You--from Phantom of the Opera 

When the Guys start to enter they will  play         
    For my Wedding by Don Henley 

Processional (Bridesmaids)

When I fall in Love 

Here Comes the Bride

Me and You by Kenny Chesney 

Ceremony
     Yet to be determined we may just have him play guitar...we will work out the details for this after we meet with the minister and priest one more time 
    Recessional 
    Smile by Uncle Kracker
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards