Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: sale bios

• edited December 2011
    I'm confused.  Don't most people have them in their signatures?  I was just planning to let people know when my for sale items were live in my bio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cara that is what most of us did or do already.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the whole thing is whether or not to make a sticky to consolidate For Sale posts and Do You Have Anything For Sale posts. 
    It allows girls to see exactly what is for sale, instead of searching each individual bio or searching the board for the for sale posts. 
    It also allows them to go to their local board for F/S stuff, instead of the national board- which saves them shipping money and me a trip to the post office or UPS, especially if they are willing to pick up. 
    It also gives girls who have stuff for sale a chance to let it be known that you have stuff- instead of putting it in your bio and waiting for girls to ask.

I am all for a sticky at the top, for all the reasons above.  I want to sell my stuff, preferably to local girls, and not to have to constantly do a post reminding brides that I have stuff for sale.  This way, they can go, click the link that I post in the F/S sticky, and find out much easier if I have stuff or not.

Many of the other local boards have them as well.

• edited December 2011
    I think we should keep it as we alwys have. :) I like it that way. Why change?

If it ain't broke dont fit it! :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I think it would be nice to have it all in one place.  
  • edited December 2011
    I think it would be good to have it all in one place too...
  • edited December 2011
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of all in one place, however I feel like we have an excessive amount of stickies. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like we are going sticky overboard as well.
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a sticky.  Maybe we can combine the stickies on Vendor Posts and Welcome to the Philly board into one thing?  That would leave us with only 4 stickies...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_sale-bios?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:cf7f4beb-0022-4279-9414-e66e069f855fPost:346659f8-1d33-4add-987a-ce608fb8f60f">Re: sale bios</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the idea of a sticky.  Maybe we can combine the stickies on Vendor Posts and Welcome to the Philly board into one thing?  That would leave us with only 4 stickies...
    Posted by ev4149[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this but don't know if it can be done since annie posted the vendor one.
  • edited December 2011
    Yea I don't know. I will get rid of the recipe one... nobody posts on that anyhow. I don't know if I should get rid of KA post... so I will leave that.

I don't like too many stickies either.
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    hmmm, so apparently my club board just got a moderator, and suddenly we have 6 stickies!!  goodness.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_sale-bios?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:cf7f4beb-0022-4279-9414-e66e069f855fPost:568d75ad-5b6f-40ae-8e2a-23828f7c1ee3">Re: sale bios</a>:
    [QUOTE]hmmm, so apparently my club board just got a moderator, and suddenly we have 6 stickies!!  goodness.
    Posted by ev4149[/QUOTE]

See, some people get all nuts with power. RIDIC. 
  • edited December 2011
    Um at one point, on my month board there were 1/2 a page of stickies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We'll lose the "classifieds" board if every local board starts stickies.  This might be advantageous for the wifes selling their stuff because they don't have to ship it but this limits the brides-to-be from having the opportunity to purchase non-local items without searching each local board.

IMO the Knot is for brides-to-be and it should be more geared towards them, hence national board, and the stickies might be more suited for selling other items on the Nest.

• edited December 2011
    The Knot is not one to get rid of boards that often.  I don't think that board will be going anywhere anytime soon.  I know once I offer my stuff to the girls here and on the DE board, if it doesn't sell, then I will post on the boards.

As for selling, before the board switchover, there was no classified board.  Only the Trash to Treasure board, which is technically on the nest, existed.  The classified board was created because of those girls who are now "wifes".
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure why you placed wifes in quotes.  I apologize for not saying wives instead.  It had been a long day and was nearly 11pm when I posted. 

I agree that the classifieds boards is considerably more convenient than T2T and applaud the wife that did this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards