October 2010 Weddings

Timing on TY's for showers/gifts

I've heard and read in several places that for wedding gifts it's ideal to send thank you's out within 2 weeks of receiving a gift (is this true, especially if one of those weeks is a HM?)

Is this the same for showers?  What's the etiquette timeline on this?

My shower was last Sunday and I'm about halfway through sending my TKs.

Re: Timing on TY's for showers/gifts

• I heard you have 2 weeks for before the wedding gifts and 2 months for gifts you get on and after the wedding.  I believe the shower would be in the two week period.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it's 2 weeks for the shower, a month for the wedding. Since you will be on your HM I think you get a little extra time.
    Erika & Joel
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • 2 weeks is for the shower and I believe you have longer for after the wedding.  2 weeks after the wedding is unreasonable since most go on their honeymoons for a week or two.  However, if you are OCD like me, I plan on writing them on the plane to and from Aruba. 
    10/10 Sept. Siggy: 1st Anniversary Ideas- a weekend away at our favorite B&B in NH
  • I was told that people technically have one year to send thank yous after the wedding... not that I would do that, but it's what I've been told!
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Normally for non-wedding thank-yous it's like 2 days. But for weddings you have more leeway. I'd say you have 2 months max. I'd include the honeymoon in that, unless you'll be gone for 4 weeks. Basically, sooner is better. I'd aim for a week or two with the shower invites.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to Re: TY's for showers/gifts:
    I was told that people technically have one year to send thank yous after the wedding... not that I would do that, but it's what I've been told!
    Posted by xoxpipahxox
    Some people confuse this - you technically have a year to send a wedding gift. (Because after your one-year anniversary you are no longer newlyweds.) But most people don't susbscribe to that anymore.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to Re: TY's for showers/gifts:
    I was told that people technically have one year to send thank yous after the wedding... not that I would do that, but it's what I've been told!
    Posted by xoxpipahxox
    I was always told this as well.  I would never spend this long, but I have gotten a few thank yous for weddings up to 6 months after the date.  I think that's a little long.  I hope to have mine done about a month after the wedding. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards