Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Creative florist in MontCo?

I'm doing my best to have a totally "green" wedding.  I found my wedding location and a caterer who uses organic, local growers.  But I'm stumped on finding a florist.  I'm not even sure how doing "green" flowers would work - recycled containers and local growers?  Does anyone know of a creative florist who has the patience and creativity to work with me on this while still being affordable?  Maybe someone who would be willing to use some of my own garden flowers which is why I want someone local.  Thank you so much for any suggestions.

Re: Creative florist in MontCo?

• Options
    kirab2kirab2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

sorry, i dont have any suggestions for florists, but am curious what caterer you are using.

January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what experience she has with this, but I do know that Leslie from Whimsical Welcomes loves using locally grown flowers - all the zinnias and roses at my wedding came froma farm in Lancaster.  I know that she would 100% be on board with helping you make this happen, and she would love helping you get ideas about creative containers to use.  Crafty/creative/DIY brides are her favorite. Leslie also does not own a flower shop and works out of her home, which puts her squarely int your "afforable" category, too.  She does charge for an initial meeting, which is not how most florists work, because she puts a lot of time and energy into prepping for your initial consult and the business is basically just her...I'd love to hear what she says.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jenny greenwald plant workshop in collegeville - shes doing my wedding and is amazing. She can basically do whatever you want her to do. Shes doing our ceremont and reception for under 1400.

jennygreenwald.com
    In the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a single word -Walt Whitman

Rachel & Jared est. November 11, 2006

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker My Weight Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Judith Campbell is awesome: http://www.campbellstudiosevents.blogspot.com/

She comes with great recommendations and is super creative. Give her a call, I'm sure she'd be willing to discuss your ideas with you. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Whimsical Welcomes. My flowers were wonderful and Leslie was a pleasure to work with.   I agree with the poster above - she loves a challenge. You can always write to her and ask her what she thinks!  Check out her flowers at her blog and website  www.whimsicalwelcomes.com
  • Options
    greengirlwdggreengirlwdg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions Ladies.  Campbell studios is in Philly so I wouldn't consider them.  The blog looks very upscale and pricey too, but thanks.  My parents have gotten flowers from Greenwalds and they were pretty, but not what I'd consider unique or want to use for my wedding.  I haven't heard of Whimsical Welcomes before but I'll check them out and let you know what they say.  They're not too far from me either which is great.   And I'm using Cosmic Caterers.
  • Options
    neongreenboxneongreenbox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where in Montco are you? In Plymouth Meeting there is an AMAZING farm stand - Maple Acres. I know they have a florist on staff and they use all of their flowers grown right there - they usually have gorgeous gorgeous flowers. Of course this means that you would be limited in selection since they are dependent on the season but it's worth a look especially if you need to go grocery shopping anytime soon... hahah. I have also heard of people ordering their flowers from Whole Foods with great results, this doesn't keep things local but you at least know that the flowers are organic and fair trade.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards