October 2010 Weddings

Shoe Opinions Needed...I know..I am still looking! (PIP)

I may have purchased and returned 35 pairs of shoes since getting engaged....but now its crunch time..I need some shoes!

My wedding colors are navy, burnt orange and chocolate brown

My current shoes are gold (they're constantly changing) ...my dress is a champagne color (pics below)

There is a part of me that really wants colored shoes!...in your honest opinions...would pink colored shoes be completely horrible? I feel like they would be but I really want them! Or should I just stick with gold...I feel like colored shoes would not really go with my dress since its not white or ivory.

Kim & Erik 10.17.10 ~

Planning Bio ~
Married Bio ~ My Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

Re: Shoe Opinions Needed...I know..I am still looking! (PIP)

• I think orange shoes would be really cool! They'd match your wedding colours, and looks like they might match your dress. 

Although, I'm a little crazy lol.
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree that Orange would be great, or the gold you've got will look beautiful. I think your instincts are right about the pink though, I wouldn't do it. You could always do pink at the RD!
    Siggy Challenge: This is right before they opened the doors.
    Anniversary
    Planning Bio - Wedding Bio and Vendor Reviews coming soon!
    Our Life Blog
  • I think gold would be great, to be honest.  I don't think a colored shoe would work well with your dress being that color (which I love, by the way!).
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the gold.
    10/10 Sept. Siggy: 1st Anniversary Ideas- a weekend away at our favorite B&B in NH
  • C*MiaC*Mia
    100 Comments
    I love the idea of a colored shoe! I searched high and low for purple and couldnt find anything that fit my personality. You never see the shoes anyway and they will make for cool pictures too!
  • i would say go with one of your wedding colors... (IMO.. burnt orange)
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • I'm all for coloured shoes, but in your case - I think gold is the colour to stick with. 

I really think pink (while it is one of my favourite colours) would just look awful with your wedding colours.  I know that's blunt, but the minute I read "pink," I made the "WTF" face and I don't want anyone making the WTF face at your wedding!

The dress, and you, are gorgeous, so don't let a pair of shoes detract from that. 
    10-10-10
  • I agree with PP's - Pink a definite no. Gold is perfect.
    Erika & Joel
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • I agree with PPs about the gold...I definitely think it would look best with your dress color...the combo will be super elegant! 
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • I think it depends on what you are going for.  If you wedding style is a little more fun, the pop of orange would add to it.  If you are going for more of a classic, elegant look I'd go with the gold.  

I definitely say no to the pink.  I honestly don't think pink would look good with your dress color or your color scheme.
    Lindsay & Tommy
    Photobucket
  • My dress is champagne and I am going with gold shoes.  I wanted color shoes, but like you, I didn't know if it would look good.
  • thank you all for talking me off the ledge..haha..

My heart has been set on colored shoes!!! But then I bought they dress and it just doesn't really work anymore :(

But I love my dress so I want to complliment it, not distract away from it.

Pink is my favorite color...but I knew deep down pink would go NO WHERE in my wedding!

Maybe some orange shoes for something fun...but I think gold will probably be best and what I will stick with.

This is what I have at home...and I do love them...so I think I just need to stop thinking about.

I need this wedding to come on and happen already so I can stop thinking about things and changing my mind!!!

Kim & Erik 10.17.10 ~

Planning Bio ~
    Married Bio ~ My Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

• Those are gorgeous - I love them.  I think they'll be perfect.
    I'm with you, though. I bought simple, comfortable ivory sandals months ago.  And then I started thinking that I wanted red slingbacks instead.  Yesterday, I caved and bought these in red

http://tiny.cc/fr2a5

I kind of hope they don't fit, or I hate them, because what the heck am I going to do with ivory sandals!   (Sorry to hijack! Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in being indecisive!)
    Erica & Alan
    October 1, 2010

• Thanks Erica...its nice to know I'm not alone!

Love the red shoes though!

I hope they don't fit for your own sake...but if they do they are cute!
    Kim & Erik 10.17.10 ~

Planning Bio ~
    Married Bio ~ My Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

• I think you could do navy shoes too since it's one of your colors.  I'm doing navy shoes!
  • I say go with the gold it will be elegant.
  • Say no to pink!  :)  My dress is champagne colored and I am wearing blue shoes.  I think that you could get away with colored shoes if they match wedding colors.  Blue is not one of my wedding colors but, it will be my something blue.
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards