Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Dj Prices...Help please

I have researched 5 dj companies. I only want dj who have been to our venue, since it is unique. The final 2 include dj services for reception, live music for cocktail hour, lighting with floor wash and also up lighting. 1 company quoted me $2000 and the other $1925. Are these good prices The others researched were similar, however, my fiance seems to think a dj should be no more than 900....I do not want to skimp on what, I think makes or breaks a wedding.....MUSIC. Thanks

Re: Dj Prices...Help please

• bvanostenbvanosten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dj is $650 but it's just the dj for 4 hours.  The lighting adds up.  If you really only care about the music, have them quote without the lighting. 
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Pulse Entertainment and had ceremony, cocktail hour, lighting and I think a 5 hour reception for $1400.  $2000 is a little excessive to me.  I think between $1000- $1500 is resonable for a DJ.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure that your DJ's price would fall in most people's comfort zone of 1000 if you removed the lighting (floor wash and uplighting) those packages add up like said before. So with that part of the package I'm sure those quotes are the usual.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ri23taRi23ta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help :)
  • edited December 2011
    What is your venue, if I may ask?  I was quoted for a DJ at 795.  5500 for catering, photography & DJ (package deal).  This entertainment service was rated top by the Knot also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is nothing unique about your venue when it comes to a DJ. They set up where the manager tells them and they play music. Period.
  • edited December 2011
    I totally disagree. I don't know what her venue is but my venue is complicated so I can relate.  He has to set up outside for the ceremony, music for cocktail hour which is in several different rooms of a manion, dinner in another room, and dancing in a completely different room.  I would definitely consider this unique and more complicated for the DJ.

We're using Silver Sound and paying $650 for 5.5 hours and includes some lighting as well.  I do think 2k is a lot for DJ.  Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_dj-priceshelp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d6426f07-d306-4eb2-ac4e-ce7920e8cdd5Post:770e301f-9345-4554-932a-28acd53c58dc">Re: Dj Prices...Help please</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is nothing unique about your venue when it comes to a DJ. They set up where the manager tells them and they play music. Period.
    Posted by angel33284[/QUOTE]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Circle of Sound. They were there from 5-11 doing ceremony if needed (but i had a string trio instead), then cocktail hour, then the reception). They were strictly DJ with no lighting, etc that you were asking about...but it was only $700. They were great. Maybe look into dj service and then see how much it would be to separately price the other things?  $2000 just seems high to me...
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
  • Ri23taRi23ta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_dj-priceshelp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d6426f07-d306-4eb2-ac4e-ce7920e8cdd5Post:45bb1d61-ce92-4602-b7a4-d4c37b6992b2">Re: Dj Prices...Help please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally disagree. I don't know what her venue is but my venue is complicated so I can relate.  He has to set up outside for the ceremony, music for cocktail hour which is in several different rooms of a manion, dinner in another room, and dancing in a completely different room.  I would definitely consider this unique and more complicated for the DJ. We're using Silver Sound and paying $650 for 5.5 hours and includes some lighting as well.  I do think 2k is a lot for DJ.  Good luck! In Response to Re: Dj Prices...Help please :
    Posted by ashleylovesmark[/QUOTE]

Yes! Exactly! I had 3 Djs tell me that if I don't pick them, def. pick someone who has been to that venue! Thanks:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards