Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

tuxedos

Other then Mens wearhouse, where can I get a tux rental in the philadelphia area? We are in montgomeryville but I don't mind going somewhere else if its within an hour away.
We went to MW and we waited at the tux counter for seriously 20 minutes and NO ONE came over to talk to us. So I am definitely not going to go back there for my wedding. But I dont know where else to go
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: tuxedos

• LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Formal Expressions in Maple Shade, NJ. Their website is www.formalexpressionsnj.com. I actually met some of their people at a bridal show, and have been impressed with the customer service -- they do an in-home fitting and drop off and pick up of the tuxes. 

I think their base packages are a little more than MW, but I received some discounts in the mail after I gave them my contact info. 
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    There's a place here in KoP called Tuxedo Junction.  We didn't use them for the wedding, but Colin rented his tuxes for both our senior formals at Villanova there and had a good experience.

Which MW did you go to?  ince we were in the area at the time, we picked everything out at the one in Cherry Hill and had a great experience.  We picked up tuxes at the one in Plymouth Meeting and they were also just great.  I think the experience there VERY much varies on which store you go to.  We felt like MW was our only real option since we had five groomsmen living in five different states. :)
  • edited December 2011
    country bride and gents is pretty close to montgomeryville! we rented ours there! every time i go in there (i also ordered my dress and the bridesmaids' dresses there, too), they have extra discounts running.
  • RobotCakeRobotCake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting ours from Flocco's in Conshohocken.  Not sure if that's close enough for you, but the prices were reasonable.  I haven't been in the store myself, but my fiance  said the service and selection was good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We had a bad experience at MW so we ended up cancelling and going to a place in center city right near our venue/hotel called Black Tie.  They were awesome.  Personalized fittings the night before the wedding, an on call seamstress in case of last minute alterations, and they picked up the tuxes at our hotel the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards