• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2010 Weddings

I might be insane (NWR)

So, I've been really excited for the past couple of months, beacuse they were building a branch of the bank Keith uses (we'll call it K-Bank) near my work.  And it's the branch that we'll probably get our joint account at after the wedding, so it'll be really convenient.

Well, since today is payday, and I needed to deposit some cash into his account, I went to my bank (which is not conveniently located) and got the cash.  Then I decided on the way back, that I wanted a Diet Coke from Java Dave's (they have the best diet cokes ever!) and of course I got a big chunk of fudge while I was there, too.

So, anyway, I went down the road to deposit that money into K-Bank.  So I walk in, fill out the little deposit slip, and go up the counter and wait.  While I'm waiting, I happen to glance at the teller's shirt, and it says, "A-Bank" on it and not K-Bank.  And for a split second I thought, "Well, that's odd, that they are letting her wear a shirt for a different bank, to work in."  And then I glanced up at the sign behind her.  And then I glanced at something else.  And then something else.  And all of it said, "A-Bank" and not K-Bank!

And I said, "Is this an A-Bank and not a K-Bank???" and she said, "Yes.  It says A-Bank right here on the top of the deposit slip, did you not see that?" and I was like, "OMG!  No, I totally didn't!"  and so then I was thinking about how all this time, I've thought they were building a K-Bank and it was really an A-Bank.  And so I had to apologize like a million times.  She had already put the cash into her drawer and everything.  So she had to count it back out to me and stuff.

I swear, until I got into my car, and was pulling into the street, I didn't realize that I was on 10th street and not 8th street!  And yep, you guessed it.  The new K-Bank is on 8th street!  I was on the wrong street!!!

LOL  OMG! I felt like SUCH an idiot!

Re: I might be insane (NWR)

• LMAO that is toooo funny! They shouldn't have names so close :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • In Response to Re: I might be insane (NWR):
    LMAO that is toooo funny! They shouldn't have names so close :)
    Posted by KellyJayD
    LMAO  Well, in real life, they don't.  I just didn't want to use the real names.  Their names are as far apart as Apple and Orange would be.  lol
  • Hah!  I used to work at Citizen's Bank and we were right next to a Bank of America (literally almost the same parking lot).  I used to have people come in and try to cash BoA checks and got WICKED upset when I tried telling them I couldn't.  Once they realized their mistake, they apologize profusely.  It was ridiculous, but understandable haha.

I'm sure she wasn't too put out.  It's as easy as voiding the transaction and giving you your money back.  If anything, she got a kick out of the mistake :)
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I told one lady at work that I am probably on some government watch list now or something.  LMAO  I'm sure I looked INSANE!
  • i'm really confused as to what account she deposited it into! 
    Photobucket
    i'm really confused as to what account she deposited it into! 
    Posted by Aimee8314
    I guess she counted it and put it into her drawer and then was going go deposit it into the account or something.  That's all I can figure out.  Because yeah, she didn't deposit it into the account I gave her.  Unles some random person has the same account number at a different bank, and got $760 extra dollars today!  LMAO
    In Response to Re: I might be insane (NWR) : I guess she counted it and put it into her drawer and then was going go deposit it into the account or something.  That's all I can figure out.  Because yeah, she didn't deposit it into the account I gave her.  Unles some random person has the same account number at a different bank, and got $760 extra dollars today!  LMAO
    Posted by Tisha.
    Yikes, she's not the best teller, then.  You're not supposed to put the money in the drawer until the end of the transaction--meaning the customer was handed the receipt.  Just because there are plenty of people who will, after the money was put away, be like "WOAH!  I gave you $500, not $300!" and then you're screwed because the money is already in the drawer!
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    1000 Comments
    edited June 2010
    I used to be the treasurer for our equestrian club at my college. One day stupid me thought, "Oh, David will be on campus, I'll have him take the club donation checks and deposit them while he's there." So I give him the slip with the account number filled out and let him go his merry way. Well, I get the statement and realize that the money never actually made it into the account and I absolutely freaked!

Turns out, he went to the OTHER bank on campus that is right next to the one we use. The teller took the money and the deposit and that was that. Didn't verify anything with David. I called the wrong bank, frantic, and it turns out our money was in a holding account for "lost checks" and they were able to give me a cashiers check that I could bring to the correct bank.

I also used to work for a Marriott, and we used to have people come in to check in and all they would give us most of the time would be their name. When we couldn't find them anywhere in our systems, they would get irrate. They'd dig through their stuff to get the reservation to "prove it" to us, only to find out they were staying at the Hilton or Westin. And I'd say 90% of the time they wouldn't appologize for yelling at us. Assholes.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• LOL that is funny Tisha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards