October 2010 Weddings

AW and crappy PIP: I'm having a celebratory lunch because...

...my invitations are officially O-U-T!!!  Dropped them off at the post office at lunch time.  It feels so good to not have to deal with them anymore!  Like Kristen, this has been my LEAST favorite task so far.

Oh, and last night when we were finishing them up, I realized I hadn't taken photos of them.  So, I just snapped a few on my cell:

Wes lovingly did all of those wax seals.  He was the best helper!!

Ta-da!

The "invite" part of the invite.  The top is embossed!

The enclosures: Directions, Reception, and Response.  The tops of all the enclosures were ALSO embossed.

And there's a picture of how I did my wraparound labels/envelopes in my bio.

I feel SO GOOD!!!  AAAH!
J

Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
Perfect love drives out fear.

Re: AW and crappy PIP: I'm having a celebratory lunch because...

• They look fabulous!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to send mine...
    Siggy Challenge: This is right before they opened the doors.
    Anniversary
    Planning Bio - Wedding Bio and Vendor Reviews coming soon!
    Our Life Blog
  • No wonder it was a pain!  Holy embossing!  I'm embossing a flower on my envelope, and I thought that was a pain! haha.

Eat your celebratory lunch, girl.  You earned it!  The invites are awesome!
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay!  That must be a great feeling!  Mine are going out next week and I will be so excited to get rid of them! 

• Jacki those turned out great! You definitely deserve a celebratory lunch! I'm chompin at the bit to put mine in the mail 
  • In Response to Re: AW and crappy PIP: I'm having a celebratory lunch because...:
    No wonder it was a pain!  Holy embossing!  I'm embossing a flower on my envelope, and I thought that was a pain! haha. Eat your celebratory lunch, girl.  You earned it!  The invites are awesome!
    Posted by xoxpipahxox
    You ain't kiddin', L!!!  I'm my own worst enemy.  My mom pleaded with me to just print the enclosures and save myself the work of embossing them.  The invites didn't really have to be so difficult, but I wanted everything just so...
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
  • They look great Jacki!!  Yay for having them out!  Love the wax seals!  (Go Wes!) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    image image image
  • they look wonderful jacki!!!  i cannot wait to get mine out (next week)!!!  they are driving me bananas!

i LOVE the wax seal....it sets a romantic tone for the wedding (not that it wasn't going to be romantic already)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Jacki they came out awesome! Yay for them being done!
    Kim & Erik 10.17.10 ~

Planning Bio ~
    Married Bio ~ My Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

• They look awesome Jacki, congrats on getting them done!
  • Exciting! They look great. FI and I just had a celebratory lunch after printing ours today.  We still have a couple weeks before they go out and I'm counting down to that day.
    Lindsay & Tommy
    Photobucket
  • YAY!  They look great!  I'm so happy for you! 

I was going to do wax seals, but my fiance put his foot down on how much more detail I could hand add to each invitation because he thought I had enough on my plate with the printing and assembling and ribbons and rhinestones.  Now I'm going to show him this and be all "SEE?!  SEE HOW GOOD IT LOOKS!?"  Haha.
    10-10-10
  • They are so pretty and YAY for a great helper and for a celebratory lunch.  Hope it is something good
    10/10 Sept. Siggy: 1st Anniversary Ideas- a weekend away at our favorite B&B in NH
  • In Response to Re: AW and crappy PIP: I'm having a celebratory lunch because...:
    YAY!  They look great!  I'm so happy for you!  I was going to do wax seals, but my fiance put his foot down on how much more detail I could hand add to each invitation because he thought I had enough on my plate with the printing and assembling and ribbons and rhinestones.  Now I'm going to show him this and be all "SEE?!  SEE HOW GOOD IT LOOKS!?"  Haha.
    Posted by melissamc2
    That's pretty funny, because Wes was the one to suggest and insist that we do the wax seals.  I do really like the look of them.  Tell FI to lighten up!!  lol

J
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
  • holy hot invites! woohoo

Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • Oh my gosh these are absolutely beautiful! You deserve that lunch :-)
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Very nice I love the colors and design. The seal is a great touch!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

I'm definitly envious....STILL working on mine :(
    Married 10/10/10 Baby due 10/03/11 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker My Bio/Blog...updated 9/01
  • I won't lie, Liz, embossing is a pain in the butt.  See if Kal or a BM will help you out.  Wes and I did the embossing together... I stamped (because that's the more detail-intensive part) and he sprinkled embossing powder and used the heat tool.  It really helps to have it be kind of an assembly line!
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
  • edited July 2010
    They look great Jackie!! And how sweet of Wes to help you out - he did a great job! :) And I agree, an assembly line is a must for DIY invites. 

You'll have to let us know when you get your first RSVP ;)
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I'm going to make an AW post for EVERY SINGLE rsvp, Kris.  Just for you.  lol.  Wink
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
  • Very pretty!!  Love the wax seal.  The whole packet is very elegant!
    Our Wedding Day
  • Love'em!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards