Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Reasonable Catering/Venue

Hi Everyone!

We are looking for a nice indoor/outdoor venue for at least 150 people with good food, preferably organic/farm to table type of meal. The issue being we are looking to keep it under $100 a person, but that seems impossible. Any ideas on reasonably priced venues or caterers that may fit this?

Re: Reasonable Catering/Venue

• Options
    have you looked at partyspace.com?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was married at The Old Mill in Rose Valley in May and it was around $80 pp for food.  That doesn't include alcohol as you have to bring your own in. We did family style so everyone got filet, chicken and a pasta dish plus all the sides.  It was a ton of food.   The catering company is Conner Catering.  They are the exclusive caterer for The Old Mill, but I know they do weddings all over if you were only interested in their catering.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    elenamsistielenamsisti member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Another option is to look into sites that are handled by Jeffrey Miller Catering.

http://www.jeffreymillercatering.com/JAM.html

They specialize in historical/cultural venues. They have many choices in menus and costs. I know they just had a farm to table event, so I'm sure you'll find something you like. I'm having my wedding in March at Wallingford Community Arts Center, with them as the caterer, and the bold, beautifuld, made-from-scratch food is something I'm really forward to. They say that the couple doesn't get to eat on the big day, but I'm going to make sure that I do!
  • Options
    p and p caterers is very reasonable
  • Options
    I got married at the Morris Arboretum. There were 5 caterers to choose from that would work with your budget.  
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    have you considered finding a venue that allows outside catering? We found that was alot cheaper. I reccommend checking out sweet sensations llc in md. they travel and have all of their catering packages on their site for you to see. definitely budget friendly. Tell them the Mixon wedding referred you and you will get 5% off! Good Luck!
  • Options
    I got married on Saturday at the Camden County Boathouse, right across the river near Collingswood. The place was reasonably priced to rent the facility, and there were over 10 caterers to choose from. We used McFadden's Catering-it was $55 a head and everyone raved about the food. We were also able to bring our own alcohol, so we put in an order at Canals and they delivered it to the boathouse for us. It was fantastic.
  • Options
    (with the alcohol we bought,  7% tax, and 20% gratuity I think my husband and I calculated that we spent about $72 a head.) We had 162 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards