October 2010 Weddings

Sorry for popping in to rant but my marriage license is wrong!

I finally got my marriage license back and was all excited to start the name change process until I saw it.... My pastor (or his secretary) wrote the wrong date!!!!  So according to the state of Texas, we didn't get married until Oct 16th!  I honestly don't know if this is a big deal or not, but it kinda seems like it to me!  I've been trying to track down someone at the County Clerks office who can help me, but still waiting...

Any advice??
Expecting our first... Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sorry for popping in to rant but my marriage license is wrong!

• I would keep doing what you're doing and try to track someone down at the clerk's office who can fix it. I don't think it effects the validity of your marriage but it is something you should get fixed.
  • Oh no!! Agree with PP just keep trying to call the clerks office, they are the only ones that can fix it. Good luck :)
    23 Weeks and Counting!

Visit The Nest!
    Anniversary
  • Get it fixed....hunt them down!  However, I don't think it would make a difference in the name change process since you have a legal authentic marriage licence according to the state
    10/10 Sept. Siggy: 1st Anniversary Ideas- a weekend away at our favorite B&B in NH
  • i would be so ticked...i hope there is something they can do!
  • Just called the church to let them know, and no surprise, it was the pastor's secretary who wrote the wrong date.  She was like "Oh yeah that was a friday wedding, wasn't it?  Oops sorry!"  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR  She was horrible to deal with the entire process, so it is no shock that she is the one who made the mistake. :-(

Expecting our first... Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aw Becca! :( I hope they can fix it!
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Becca--  Here in MA if that happens, the Clerks Office has to issue a new certificate for the pastor to sign.  This WILL affect you if you do not get it fixed and you often don't have much time to do it since every town has to turn over the records to the state capital once a month (we do ours on the 15th of every month).  Once that has happened it can be a lot more complicated to fix things. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sure they'll be able to fix it, but hopefully it doesn't end up being too much of a headache!  I wouldn't think it would effect the validity of your marriage or anything though...but so annoying :-(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • so sorry becca! but considering all the horror stories you have told of her, its not surprising that she made the mistake. i would keep at it until its fixed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards