October 2010 Weddings

ASK Bre AND Melissa!

We had two winners! I guess they will both answer unless the question is directed at one person. Have fun girlies!
Photobucket image
Crystal and Shawn

Re: ASK Bre AND Melissa!

• melissamc2melissamc2
    1000 Comments
    edited July 2010
    Ha!  I actually have no problem whatsoever with letting Bre have today to herself if that makes things easier on everyone.

There are still quite a few Fridays left before our big days! :)
    10-10-10
  • Aww, Melissa I was just going to say you could do it if you wanted! Or we could both do it... or we could slug it out... to the death! haha
    Siggy Challenge: This is right before they opened the doors.
    Anniversary
    Planning Bio - Wedding Bio and Vendor Reviews coming soon!
    Our Life Blog
  • To both of you...

What are you most excited about for your wedding?

Is there anything you aren't looking forward to about the wedding?

Where are you going on your HM and why did you choose there?
    Kelly & Ron 10.01.10
    Photobucket
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • melissamc2melissamc2
    1000 Comments
    edited July 2010
    Ok, if you're sure you don't mind - I don't mind us both doing it at all.  It also gives everyone else twice as much entertainment/boredom control. ;)

What are you most excited about for your wedding?
      Not to sound cliche, but being married to my fiance.  It's been a long, drama filled road to get here.  However, that aside, I'm looking the most forward to just seeing what everyone thinks!  Our friends and family have high expectations for this wedding and I hope our planning lives up to the hype!

Is there anything you aren't looking forward to about the wedding?  The threats of crashing.  It's total BS and I've had my fill - and we're still 72 days out.

Where are you going on your HM and why did you choose there?   We are going to Gettysburg, PA for a week of haunted fun.  We chose it for a few reasons:

1. We are NOT "tropical" people at all.  The idea of more than a day at a beach irritates me.  (I grew up on beaches and he's never even been to the ocean)

2. We love history, military history, AND ghosts!

3.  It's far enough away to feel like we're "getting away," but close enough to home in case there were to be an emergency with one of the children (my special needs son, in particular).
    10-10-10
  • What are you most excited about for your wedding?
    The Ceremony! FI and I have been together 5 years, and we're just super ready to "do this thing"

Is there anything you aren't looking forward to about the wedding?

Everybody staring at me all day... when they do I tend to walk like a peg-legged hooker 'cause it makes me nervous.

Where are you going on your HM and why did you choose there?
    Not going on one :( We were going to go stay in a castle in Ireland, but then I switched jobs and FI ended up not being done with school in the spring so now he'll have class to go to.
    Anniversary
    Our Life Blog
  • To both-

Is there an element to your wedding that you would consider your favorite?

If money was no object, would you change anything about your wedding/HM?

Do you wish that your FI helped you more or less with planning?
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • edited July 2010
    Is there an element to your wedding that you would consider your favorite?
    Hmm... probably the venues. We put a lot of effort into picking venues that were not only beautiful but meant something to us.(PIB)

I don't think I'd change much about the wedding itself, but I'd sure as heck take a HM!

Do you wish that your FI helped you more or less with planning?

He could be a little more helpful. Mostly I'd love it if he could not tease me in vendor meetings!
    Anniversary
    Our Life Blog
  • Is there an element to your wedding that you would consider your favorite?  The programs and the cake, both run well over a thousand dollars, each, and both are high profile and over the top.  I look very forward to seeing how they turn out and how they are received.

Money not factoring in would result in the elaborate million dollar Disney wedding that's been featured on the Travel Channel.  The honeymoon would change to Hungary for a week or two (without money being an issue, I could hire additional staff for the kids and feel better about going farther away).

Do you wish that your FI helped you more or less with planning?  He's actually right where I want him to be with wedding planning.  He gives me lots of input, he goes to all of the appointments, and he speaks up when he really doesn't care for an idea.  He's not overbearing about it, though.  I DO sometimes wish he'd seem a little more animated at the meetings, however.  Except the tastings...I don't think he could BE any more animated at them!  He's enjoyed those very much!  Haha.
    10-10-10
  • Melissa - What is your favorite book, movie, and food?
    Anniversary
    Our Life Blog
  • melissamc2melissamc2
    1000 Comments
    edited July 2010
    What is your favorite book, movie, and food?  If we're going in the classical sense, I love To Kill a Mockingbird, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Moll Flanders,  and Catcher in the Rye.  More modern/mainstream favourites would be Insomia, Wizard's First Rule, and the Harry Potter series.

Movie -
    I usually say American Psycho or Secretary.  I love them both equally.  I am a HUGE FAN of the Saw series, however. :)

Food -
    Crab legs and/or baklava!

Bre - If you had the power to change one thing about the world's attitude toward anything, what would it be and why?
    10-10-10
  • To both of you:

If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive) who would it be and why:

Name 3 random things that make you happy:

If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bre - If you had the power to change one thing about the world's attitude toward anything, what would it be and why?

Ooh good question. hmm, tough. Probably one of two things. First, sustainable energy and green issues. People have made it such a "buzz" issue, but still nobody cares enough to actually change. Overall just taking the politics out of it. It's not a political issue, regardless of whether or not global warming is a big impact or small we should be changing how we do things!

The other would be the sense of entitlement everyone seems to have these days. I feel like everyone I meet thinks the world 'owes them' something. Get over yourself and behave respectfully!
    Anniversary
    Our Life Blog
  • If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive) who would it be and why:
    JRR Tolkien. I just have so many questions I'd like to ask him!

Chocolate Milk
    That first hug FI gives me when I get home
    Watching history channel and working on my art projects on a Saturday afternoon.

Probably pasta with meat sauce. I have that way more often then is healthy as it is :)
    Anniversary
    Our Life Blog
  • melissamc2melissamc2
    1000 Comments
    edited July 2010
    If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive) who would it be and why:  Marilyn Monroe.  I want to know it all.  Plus, I think we'd actually get along well.

-My children having a good time and just looking content with life.
    -Knowing that what goes around really does usually come around.  (Good and bad)
    -Orgasms

Crab legs.
    10-10-10
  • Morning, girls!

-If you started a band, what would you call yourselves?

-Do you believe in ghosts?  How about aliens?

-What was the last fight you had with your FI about?

Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
    Perfect love drives out fear.
  • -If you started a band, what would you call yourselves?  Cougars Hunt For Fun.

-Do you believe in ghosts?  How about aliens?  Absolutely.

-What was the last fight you had with your FI about?  Ha, well, either people will understand my take on this or they'll think I'm insane.  I can live with either.  A friend of ours is engaged - to an ex of my fiance's.  They only dated for like two weeks in high school, and never slept together, but STILL - it's just awkward.  So, I'd dealt with it because they are both very nice and blah blah blah.  Then I find out, via FB (aka Satan's Notebook), that it appears one of the bridesmaids in this wedding is ALSO an ex of my fiance's.  Just F*ck that, seriously.  So, I threw a fit, got hysterical in an Oscar winning fashion, and proclaimed that we would NOT be going to watch a wedding party parade of his exes.  He didn't argue it one bit, agreed completely, and told me he understood and has no desire to see them, anyway.  For some reason this irked me even more and I flipped out about how this city is warped and it just escalated from there.
    10-10-10
  • Hi ladies!  I never really participated with the questions, but I think I'll start now.  This is kinda fun!

What part of your wedding says the most about the two of you as a couple?
    Photobucket

Best granddaughter ever: Everleigh Brielle, born 01.04.2012

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• -If you started a band, what would you call yourselves?
    Enigmatic String Cheese

-Do you believe in ghosts?  How about aliens?
    Yes and Yes.

-What was the last fight you had with your FI about?
    We don't fight too much, but the last one we had was basically that I snapped. I finally just got too tired and yelled at him.

The straw that set me off was that a friend of his was coming to visit saturday, and they changed it to be the WHOLE weekend without telling me. I found out thursday, and was pissed because he never asked at all if that would mess with pre-set plans (I tell the man we have something to do and he forgets every time), I had to completely change everything to play host, and had to try to squeeze all the laundry in thurs night, etc. I definitely over reacted, but I feel better since it happened. Let me get some frustrations out.
    Anniversary
    Our Life Blog
  • What part of your wedding says the most about the two of you as a couple?
    Probably either the venues, or the colors. Both are very "us". But we tried to inject our personalities into everything as much as possible.
    Anniversary
    Our Life Blog
  • Both-

If David Tutera (the guy who comes in and changes everything about your wedding a few weeks before the wedding, to give you his interpretation of your perfect wedding) came to you and wanted to do his magic to your wedding... would you let him?

Related sorta- if someone approached you right now and said they would pay you $100,000 to cancel the wedding and just go to the JP would you?

And, what is your favorite thing FI does or says?
    Expecting our first... Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think both of you live with your fi's so how long did u wait till you moved in together

How long did you wait to have sex

What is ur least favorite wedding 'trend'

What are your thoughts on evolution

• What part of your wedding says the most about the two of you as a couple?  That's difficult, because the entire day is very "us."  I think I'm going to have to go with the programs, though.  Our mutual love of Archie Comics come so alive being done WITH US IN ONE! :)
    10-10-10
  • Becca:
    If David Tutera came to you and wanted to do his magic to your wedding... would you let him?
    Probably not actually. I have worked really hard on our wedding, and I have confidence in what we've put together.

Related sorta- if someone approached you right now and said they would pay you $100,000 to cancel the wedding and just go to the JP would you?
    Hmm... tough one, that's a lot of money. Maybe.

And, what is your favorite thing FI does or says?
    He puts up with me! Haha, I also really love it that he kisses me and gives me a hug every night whether I'm awake when he gets home or not :)

Kristen:
    how long did u wait till you moved in together.
    We met in the college dorms, so we've unofficially lived together for our whole relationship (5+ years). But we officially moved in together about 2 years ago.

How long did you wait to have sex.
    Haha 4 months... yeah... We were both virgins actually, and I wanted to wait until we got married, but then I was leaving to live in Japan for a while and... we already knew we'd be together at that point though.

What is ur least favorite wedding 'trend'
    Brown Tuxes (no offense to those doing them). I feel like they will look dated pretty quick.

What are your thoughts on evolution
    I believe in it and am a Christian. I do not believe that evolution goes against Christian teachings in any way.
    Anniversary
    Our Life Blog
  • If David Tutera (the guy who comes in and changes everything about your wedding a few weeks before the wedding, to give you his interpretation of your perfect wedding) came to you and wanted to do his magic to your wedding... would you let him?  No, no, no.  I don't want anyone screwing around with our wedding.  WE know what our wedding should be and we're keeping it that way!

Yes.  I feel confident in answering "yes" for my fiance, as well. 

And, what is your favorite thing FI does or says?  When he comes in from work each day, my fiance makes the first ten minutes all about my special needs son.  My son (and all the kids, but with him it's different) adores my fiance and uses his own version of talking to ask to be tickled and to just goof off and sing and giggle and play.  My fiance has carved out that bit of time JUST for the two of them and you can just see how happy they BOTH are. 
    10-10-10
  • I think both of you live with your fi's so how long did u wait till you moved in together?   Four years.  I had to make SURE it was right before uprooting myself and my children.  Well, as sure as you can be, that is.

How long did you wait to have sex?  Ha.  30 minutes?  Keep in mind, we'd known each other for years prior.

What is ur least favorite wedding 'trend'?  They all factor in together, but unity candles, sand ceremonies, and rose ceremonies.  Oh, and SO MUCH focus on shoes. 

What are your thoughts on evolution?  This could get long, so I'll make it short and sweet.  I'm a Christian, but absolutely believe that evolution can quite easily, and reasonably, co-exist with Creationism.  The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.  We have evidence that evolution has taken place, and continues to do so.   That doesn't disprove God in any, way, shape, or form. 
    10-10-10
  • To both of you -  Tell me about your idea of the perfect day

Melissa - Any real life ghost stories?

Bre - Did you ever decide what to do with your thrift store find dresser?
  • Tell me about your idea of the perfect day
    Hmm, there are a lot of perfect days I think. It would be fall, and one of those crisp sunny days and you're wearing new jeans. We'd sleep in just a little, then go for a walk downtown. We'd then spend a little time at the natural history museum before having lunch somewhere. Then we'd go home and snuggle up on the couch and watch star trek TNG for a few hours. Then we'd order in dinner and put in a movie while we play scrabble. Then a glass of wine, some nookie, and curl up in bed!

Oh, and imperitive in this 'perfect day scenario is that we also have the following day off!

Did you ever decide what to do with your thrift store find dresser?

Well for now it's staying oak. It actually works quite well in the space. It's much less yellow then it was in the thrift store. So it'll stay the same but I still have to pick new hardware for it. I'm being indecisive.

It'll store the 'nice' dishes (that we hope to get for the wedding) and table cloths, placemats, etc.
    Anniversary
    Our Life Blog
  • Tell me about your idea of the perfect day - Heh, well, I'm pretty sure we'd wake up at DisneyWorld, with the kids (eldest son, in particular) having slept all the way through the night.  A nice breakfast with the characters, followed by a day of relaxed fun in moderate temperatures and no crowd.  (Hey, you said perfect! Haha)  Then we'd finish it up with a nice family dinner and send the kids off with a couple of nannies while we went to see a private Nickelback show, have kinky sex on Pleasure Isle, and then sleep in. :)

Melissa - Any real life ghost stories?  Actually, yes, a few - which is why I'm so into the entire scene.  When I was very young, my Mother and Grandmother (and othe relatives around at the time) swear I generated/attracted a poltergeist or something similar. 

When we moved to Pennsylvania, when I was 9ish, our home was a historical landmark home that still had one of the old mud and clay cellars that had been used in the Civil War.  We could hear noises at night, voices, and all sorts of odd things would happen like doors flying open for no reason in the middle of the night.

The other one of note is with my third child.  When he was not quite two, we moved into a house where he claimed he saw "the ghost girl."  She would tell him all sorts of things, and one of those was about a "secret room" in the basement.  He'd never been IN the basement, but he described a small, off to the side, room in perfect detail, right down to the old-timey one room schoolhouse desk that was set up in there.  He said she told him when she was being punished, she was sent down there.  He described her clothing and, when we researched it, it matched the time period that the original family who built the house would have been from.  We'd experience litle things like shower curtains seemingly pulled back by "no one," or glasses sliding on tables by themselves - stuff like that.

Most people in my life, my fiance and ex husband in particular, claim that they truly believe I have some kind of something that attracts these things, and that I'm to fault for lightbulbs and electronics blowing out EVERYWHERE I live or go when I get angry.  I'll admit, it IS a little uncanny that it happens a LOT, but I don't like to pull the "I have special abilities" card, because people who say they do...rarely do. :P

10-10-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards