• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

Sorta WR mini-rant

I had wedding nightmares last night, WTH. I don't remember much about them other than it seemed like endless things to do, and just when I got all caught up, I had another huge amount of stuff to do. I did not sleep well, and now I am all tensed up and tired.

I was diagnosed a few weeks ago with celiacs disease. It's not been a huge problem, but right now, I'm mad about it. I LOVE pizza. Gluten free pizza is a poor substitute. And then I started thinking about my wedding day. I'm going to be afraid to eat my food, even though I've told the caterer, and they said that they'll be careful. But I'm not going to be able to eat any of my wedding cake!! :( 
Married December 18th, 2010 :)

Re: Sorta WR mini-rant

• Awh. I have something similar to that and I know how awful it can be. We had to make consessions for the overall guests cuz the subsitutes yea.. arnt always great. We ended up getting a mini cake for us (vegan) and cupcakes for everyone else. As for the catering. I know Im just screwed (I cant have dairy, flour, eggs, beef... etc etc) so I think I might get some food and hide it in the kitchen. Take tiny bites of everything so no one notices and then sneak back there to chow down on something I know wont make me sick. My guests would understand but I dont want a seperate meal. I at least wanna try the wedding day meal...

As for the dreams. I have been having them too... just nerves. It wil be okay!

• My aunt has celiac disease too and she had her favorite pie on her wedding day so she could still enjoy it.  I hope you find something that you love to eat on your wedding day.  It will be ok.
    As for the dreams, I with Alyssa...I keep having them too...totally irrational stuff just popping up in my dreams.  You just have to remember that's what it is...irrational.  You'll be fine!

The bane of my existence: my bouquet. It's not right yet, it's not what I wanted and I have so far to go with it and so little time! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those are great ideas ladies.....I am not too familiar with the disorder so I can't help. But there is no reason you can't determine a special meal for you and have your caterer provide that, dessert included :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!
  • FI's mum has a wheat allergy - not quite celiacs but the result is the same.  you can get gluten free cakes and bread and things here - maybe speak to you baker and see what they can do?  I tasted a super yummy gluten free cupcake once (by 'tasted', I obviously mean 'scoffed down').

Good luck!
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • iamstephiamsteph member
    100 Comments
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, when I mentioned it to the caterer at our meeting this past week, she said she'd look into a gluten free cake for me. I'm just sad that we had gone to our cake tasting and had this delicious cake picked out (and different flavors on each tier!). And I think I can eat the regular entrees, as long as they keep it simple (steak peppered and grilled, mashed potatoes with NO gravy, steamed veggies). 

I've been able to find lots of gluten free cake, cookie, and brownie mixes (much to my dismay I guess, I need to fit into my wedding dress haha!), and also bread mixes, though I've not found one I've liked. I've given up and just started using corn tortillas for sandwiches :)

Today while I was at the mall, I went into the lotion store and got some aromatherapy body lotion. I am trying to relax! One good thing though today, FI and I picked up our wedding bands!!! :D Thanks for letting me mini-vent!
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • I'd look at getting the top tier of your wedding cake gluten free.  that way you're eating your wedding cake.  Maybe they could even incorporate some of your current flavours.
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • I'm sorry, what poor timing!! I have a couple friends with gluton allergies or something similar that limits their diet, and they manage to find all kinds of things without gluton. I'm sure you can figure it out with the caterer, dessert included. GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards