North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Asheville HM spot?

Hey everyone,

My fiance and I are looking to honeymoon in Asheville in May of 2012. Would anyone happen to have ay recomendations? We're on a pretty tight budget, so anything around $100 a night would be great. Cabin, hotel, we're not picky, though a hot tub would be nice. :-) I know this might be impossible, but if anyone has any connections/knows of some places, I'd love to hear your suggestions. Thanks so much in advance! Happy holidays!

Re: Asheville HM spot?

• Options
    I'm not too familiar with the Asheville area but maybe the regular NC board will have some good recommendations.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestion. I've posted on the NC board already, but I was curious to see if anyone in y'all's area had any suggestions.....:-)
  • Options
    Hi- We were just in Asheville a few weeks ago and stayed in a Cabin just outside the city.  The cabin was beautiful and had both great mountain views and a hot tub.  It was great to have easy access to the city, but still feel secluded in the mountains.   The owner lives on the property and directed us to great hidden hiking spots and wonderful places to eat.  Here is the website: http://www.sharonspringcabin.com/
    The cabin rents for $155 a night, but if you stay three nights the third night is only 100 so it averages about $136 a night (she also allows dogs to stay!).  Good luck planning!
  • Options
    I just came back from a mini vacation in Asheville this week!  We stayed at the Crowne Plaza.  They have hotel rooms and also more secluded condos (which we stayed in).  It was nice to have a living room and kitchen to ourselves.  It was only 4 miles from Biltmore and the downtown area so it was nice to be close, but not in the middle of all of that.  I don't know the price since my parents actually treated us to the trip.  They have golf, tennis and a pool.  Our room had a whirlpool.  Not sure about hot tub, but possibly by the pool-we didn't go since it was so cold.  If you want a fancier meal while you're there-we ate one night at the Grove Park Inn.  It was wonderful.  We also ate at a great French restaurant downtown called Bouchon.
  • Options
    My fiancee just got engaged in Asheville and we stayed in a little village that I am in love love love with!  It's called Cheshire: A Mountain Village.  They have a litte gourmet grocery store, two nice restaurants and shops in the village.  And, it's about 15 minutes outside of Asheville.  The cabins are really romantic.  Nice and new.  They allow pets, but you would never know it. .  I'll be more than happy to share pics of the place if you'll share your email. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards