North Carolina-Outer Banks

DJ Professionals

I'm looking for some advice from anyone who has used DJ Professionals (George Wainwright).  We have them booked for our June 2013 wedding (already booked, so no going back now), and I'm debating between "reserving" a particular DJ or not.  If we reserve one, you are required to pay them a 20% tip.  Not that I'm against tipping them or anything, but I'd just prefer to do it after the reception and base it on how well they did.

I think I remember one bride on here using them, and she wasn't very happy with the DJ they had.  I think he kept messing up her name?  From what I've read on Wedding Wire, they have a DJ named Casey who everyone seems to love.  Just debating whether or not it would be worth it to pay extra to definitely have him, or just chance it and hope we like who we get.  Any advice/input would be great!

Re: DJ Professionals

• ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    If you scroll to the bottom of your screen, you can do a search on topic. I typed in DJ Professionals and came across comments from 2010.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That was probably me.  I thought we would have George, but he ran the photobooth.  I was not happy with our DJ, and yes, he mispronounced our last name several times.  He seemed extremely nervous and was one of the regrets that I had.  I wasn't aware of the fact that I could pay extra to reserve a DJ but defnitely would have done it in hindsight.
    image June 22, 2012
  • I used DJ John Harper and he was really really good!  Very professional and kept the evening flowing smoothly and we partied all night.  He didn't miss a beat and I would definitely recommend him :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards