North Carolina-Outer Banks

Need ideas for welcome baskets

I have some guests staying at the hotel we reserved a block of rooms at.  I want to make some welcome baskets for them.  I bought some medium sized sand buckets, and plan on filling them with various items, but I need some ideas!

My wedding is in April, so I'm not sure that the 2013 Sunny Day Guide will be out yet, so we may have to use the old one.  I was thinking of putting in some bottled water and some mixed nuts, etc?  Any other ideas?

Thanks everyone!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need ideas for welcome baskets

• We're making welcome bags for our guests too, and so far here's everything we're putting in them (that I can remember): Bottles of water Snacks Hangover kits (Tums, gum, Advil, alka seltzer) Custom koozies Tire pressure gauges (our wedding is in the 4x4 area) Flip flops Obx visitor's guide Obx restaurant guide Custom hand sanitizer Custom chapstick
  • I love your ideas, Ashley!  Thank you! The hangover kit is a good one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We will be giving welcome bags to all of our guests. I ordered re-usabe toted from the OBX tourism website to put everything in. Below is what we will be including:
     Custom Koozies
     OBX Travel Brocheurs
     Custom Water Bottles
     Beach Towels
     OBX Kettle Corn
     OBX Magnate
     Little Bottles of Sunscreen

• I am debating between using sand buckets or tote bags. Most of our families will be bringing their kids for the whole week, so I think the buckets would be fun for the kids. We are giving koozies as our wedding favors at the wedding. I haven't bought anything to fill them up yet but my list so far includes:
    Bottled Water
    Sunscreen and Bugspray
    Snacks
    Gum/Mints
    Maps/Guides of area
    Hand sanitizer
    And some type of small toys for the kids
  • We used tote bags for the adults and sand buckets for the kids. For the adults our theme was everything made in NC and put the following in: A bottle of water A bottle of cheerwine Different types of lance crackers Moravian cookies A jar of mount olive pickles OBX kettle corn Forbes salt water taffy For the kids I filled their buckets with sand toys and a beach ball
  • For my daughter's wedding we used tote bags that we purchased from the OBX Visitors Center. As Mother of the Bride this was MY project! I had so much fun shopping and planning the bags!

The welcome bags were given to all the guests and bridal party (one per family/one per couple) at the Welcome Dinner the night before the wedding. We made sure we included a small bottle of water for each member in the family and extra food treats. Depending on the size of the family we also put in an extra beach towel and bag of popcorn. All drivers in the family received an OBX magnet for their cars. 

We also had special gifts for the children. They received the books at the welcome dinner and the sand bucket with goodies at the reception. All the books are about the Outer Banks! There was even an activity booklet about the Outer Banks. The lighthouse lego set was for a family friend who has special needs and loves legos.

The kettle corn is from a family business in OBX! It is
    delicious!

http://www.obxkettlecorn.com/

The buckets were on the kids buffet table at the reception.
  • These are great ideas!  Thank you so much. 

seashells, the photos of your gift baskets are awesome.  They turned out lovely!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to buy Selma's cookies for my baskets. If you haven't had them before, they sell them at Tommy's Market (in Duck) and at the bagel place in Southern Shores. I forget its name. They are to die for. Not OBX original, but to me they are :)
  • I love the kettle corn idea What about fudge?
  • 3catmom3catmom member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    One of the things I'm including in my welcome buckets is a beachball (deflated of course!). Go to beachballs.com and you can pick out beach balls ranging in size from 6 inches to a few feet tall! I used 9-10 inch balls in a variety of colors, but you can also get ones in your wedding colors, because they have a wide selection of solid colors, especially in the 16 -inch size. They also have two and three color balls, translucent color balls, solid-colored shimmer balls, and the like. They are very reasonably priced and shipping is fast! Hope you have a great wedding! I will be getting married in Nag's Head in early July!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards