North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hatteras venue ... Which to choose?

So we have decided to go ahead with Hatteras island! We were between Jennetts Pier and Klub Koru but then we found Affairs at Austin Creek. So I'm wondering if there are any past or future brides that are using/have used either the Klub Koru or Austin Creek? What were some of the things you liked or didn't like and who were some of the vendors that you liked or didn't like?

This is starting to feel real!!!

Re: Hatteras venue ... Which to choose?

• I know I've seen mention of those venues on here before, so I Googled what I could find over the past few years, and I hope this link works:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=TheKnot+Klub+Koru&oq=TheKnot+Klub+Koru&gs_l=hp.3...938.5257.0.6181.19.18.1.0.0.1.689.3309.7j6j3j1j0j1.18.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.5.psy-ab.YrJefQqP_vU&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43287494,d.dmQ&fp=19c3b8316310719d&biw=1366&bih=611

If it doesn't work I Googled:  TheKnot Klub Koru  and the same for Affairs at Austin Creek

Congratulations on narrowing down your venue!  It really does start feeling real once you've booked it b/c then you get daydram about how gorgeous it's going to be!!

• Aaaaannndddd I'm not sure why this post is going so far to the right, you can just click "reply to this post" and will copy all of it so you can catch what has been left off ;)

• Did you ever choose your venue? I am a Hatteras bride as well, but I was married at the love boat. Klub koru was almost finished when we were down for our ceremony and it looked fabulous. The staff associated with koru is amazing.
  • Not yet. We aren't getting married until 2014 so we waiting until summer when we can look at all them in person. Did you like the Love Boat? They do seem friendly at Koru. What other vendors did you work with?
  • We loved the love boat. If we could afford to rent it every year for our anniversary we would....lol. I used Bonnie Williams as my officiant, she helped us Taylor a ceremony to our beliefs. We used Ginny from every blooming thing for our flowers. My bouquet was stunning. We used high cotton BBQ for food, which was great. Chloe from spa koru did my hair, and my girls hair as well. She was so much fun to be with, and we all had excellent hair. If you need rentals, we used ocean Atlantic, and they were super easy to work with. My photographer came with me from home. Can't wait to hear who you choose, and to find our your venue. You are doing the right thing by waiting till you see them in person.
  • Thanks for your advice. We met Ginny at the expo and liked her. It also made sense to work with her since she is actually located on Hatteras. So far we are leaning towards "A Day to Remeber" photography. He seemed super nice and had very good pricing. I looked at Daniel Pullen but I'm not sure I want to use that much of the budget for photography. We are 100% going with Cotton Candy Baking Company. We tasted their cupcakes at the show and fell in love. Plus I really liked the display they do, it seemed a lot nicer quality them some that I have seen. I will look into using Chloe for hair, that is one thing I haven't even touched on yet. We have a few caterers in mind but need to firm up money before we make the final call. One of the things that has me leaning towards Love Boat or Koru over Austin is working with Tatum. She is awesome! I don't know that I would even need my own wedding planner if she is involved. We also liked Bonnie, but we met Meredith with Bliss Weddings at the expo and she seemed a little more our speed. So we will have to out some thought into that also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards