North Carolina-Outer Banks

Aqua S

Just sent in my deposits!  The ceremony is at The Whalehead Club and our reception is at Aqua S Restaurant.  Has anyone else had their reception there?  I would love a review!!! 

<3, Lindsay 10.1.11

Re: Aqua S

• lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt have my reception at Aqua S but we did have our rehearsal dinner there.  Lynette is AMAZING and does a spectacular job coordinating everything.  Just keep in mind that space is limited there, so if you have like 80 people, it may be a little cramped.  October isn't too chilly there if you're going to be doing everything outside, but always think of weather.  Enjoy working with Aqua S!
  • LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for responding!  I met with Lynette last May and she seems fun and excited to make this a fun event!  We plan to use the outside decks and the inside for the recpetion.  Hopefully we'll have great weather and people can be inside and out.  We are planning on 100, but we are from PA and know that many won't be able to make the trip.  Lynette told me that the restaurant can hold 100 inside and 110 outside, so hopefully we won't be too cramped!  Thanks again for your input! :)
  • edited December 2011

I got a massage at their day spa this year and I highly recommend it! 
    We're also looking into having our reception there but we just started planning so we'll see. 

Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Idybug,

We just put down our deposit to reserve our date.  So far, the restaurant manager has been very helpful.  What drew me to Aqua was the intimate atmosphere, spectacular views, amazing decor in the restaurant, and the most delicious foods!  If you haven't had their corn crab soup, you MUST try it!!!!

I'm planning a trip down in the next few months to make all the final arrangements.  I would love to keep in touch as I'm planning.  When are you getting married?

Happy planning! 

~Lindsay
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    get the beef ribs also... very lean and fall of the bone spectacular and they were a huge hit w/ our rehearsal dinner guests.  And yes, the corn and crab soup is to die for.
  • edited December 2011
    They haven't gotten back to us which is kind of disappointing!  We contacted Sanderling to see if they'd do offsite catering.  We just left a message yesterday so we'll see.  We're getting married August 15th.  Immediate family only so it's under 25 people.  We booked Jay Bowman as our officiant and we decided to get married in the house we are staying in.  Hopefully finding a caterer isn't too hard. 
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards