North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

New with Vendor Questions

Hi All - I just joined and am excited to join the group.  I have been going through all the recent posts and thought I'd throw out a few of my own questions to see if you all have any insight!  

Transportation
My fiance and I are from NYC and our entire wedding will be traveling down to OBX for the wedding.  I was able to book some rooms at the Ramada and am hoping to arrange transportation for all my guests to the wedding and back.  Does anyone have recommendations for buses - even anything a little different (we just went to a wedding and they had these buses that were designed to look like old woodies!)?  My mom went to the OBX expo last year and she's been contacting a few of them, but its taking them a while to get back to us. 

Unique Ceremony Musicians
My fiance and I really want to try and find a string quartet that can play some wedding classics but also a couple of songs that aren't typical string quartet/wedding songs by pop/indie musicians (think: Arcade Fire, Lady Gaga, etc.).  Our wedding is on the beach and we want to give it a little funk to match us.  

Any direction you guys can provide would be great.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New with Vendor Questions

• Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure on the buses... I've tried contacting a few limo companies and it seems to take a while too (or they don't answer your questions).  As far as music goes, we're using Club Violin for the beach, which offers different arrangements of musicians (we're getting a violin and guitar), and our music will be mostly more modern tunes, but not quite what you're looking for.

However, this might help (from their FAQ page):
    Can you request special music?

We accommodate special music requests that are made 3 months in advance. There is an additional fee of $50 for purchasing, arranging and rehearsing music that is not on our list.

I think most of musicians will have similar fees.  I'm not familiar with any groups that already play indie music selections.  Good luck!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Wolfie & Welcome!!
    Sorry but I'm not any help with the transpo question either! But I do agree with Jen about Club Violin. We are using thier solo violinist for our ceremony music. They have been amazing to work with and I absolutely love Leslie. I would definitely recommend them. We are paying $300 total for this service. Hope that helps a llittle! :)

Happy Planning!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Sandy Beach Tours.  We had two busses that provided transportation to and from the wedding.  I will admit I was a bit worried about the communication I had with Sandy, but I was assured by my planner that come the day of, she has never had an issue with them.  Sandy has been around for years and always gets the job done.  She is just a little scatter brain on the phone.  At least that is what I took from it.  But my guest were very satisfied and had a lot of fun with the drivers.  I know the last bus to leave wanted to stop somewhere on the way back and they even made a detour for them.  Hope that helps. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We have been talking to Sandy Beach Tours as well.  We are getting married on the beach in front of our rental house and transporting all guests by bus to 108 Budleigh in Manteo.  They were great because they recomended a way for us to save money by getting a bus right after the ceremony (trasports more guests at once) and then having a 14 passenger bus run from about 9pm to midnight (our reception is 6pm to 11pm).  Not everyone will want to leave at the same time was our thought. 

Welcome!  All the girls on here are so great and will help you anytime you need it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used OBX trolley - it was so great!
    However, it only holds around 40-50 people (we used it for our wedding party only)- check on that number to make sure that I am right.

They allow you to have champagne, beer, etc on the trolley as well which is kind of fun. 

We loved it!
    http://obxtrolley.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, thank you all so much!  I'm going to check them all out now :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Flip 0030 - OBX Trolley was available and we are booking her!  Thank you so much for the recos, my fiance and I are so excited about "stella" the Trolley!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    Those are great questions. Check out the Outer Banks Wedding Association's website:
    http://www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org/
    They have a ton of people who could help and are also having an expo in January where you can meet all the vendors in one place.

Good luck!

C
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards