North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Referrals please!

Hi there,I would love some referrals for:1.  Flowers2.  Officiants3.  DJ4.  Cake (I'd like to do cupcakes...has anyone else done this?)Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Referrals please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you now who we are using for our 09/09/09 wedding in Kill Devil Hills. And I can give you reviews in about 6 weeks! 1. Renee Landry Style .. Have only worked over the phone and by emial but has been responsive. 2. Bob Woody ... Very response by email, very helpful, and very nice in person we met with him about 2 weeks ago instead of having a formal rehersal. 3. N/A 4. Argyles Resturant.. they also just do wedding cakes.. and I'm pretty sure she will also do cupcakes. The samples of cake were amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Red Sky Cafe for our rehersal dinner and we asked them to do cupcakes for the dessert.  I love cupcakes, but it is often hard to find a good one.  I tasted ones from RSC at the wedding expo and they were delicious, when they asked what we wanted served for dessert it was an easy answer!  Our actual wedding cake is from Just Desserts.  We had originally contacted Great Cakes of the Outer Banks, because you can correspond with them online.  However, after attending the wedding expo we liked the taste of Just Desserts' cake better.  Our florist is Sugar Snaps and our officient is Rev. Del Wilson.  We are not having a DJ.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    robynjkrastelrobynjkrastel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  flowers - we had sugar snap events do our day of coordination and flowers/decor.  for doc they were amazing.  i loved working with shirley and laura.  however, i thought the flowers/decor left a little something to be desired.  i've heard great things about bloom/renee landry style.2.  officiants - our friend was ordained online.  best decision!3.  dj - we used dj bruce from www.djobxweddings.com. bruce is so sweet and totally laid back we loved him.  DJ Bruce J 252 715 0164; djbrucej@aol.com djobxweddings.com With thousands of songs on vinyl and digital mp3’s, experienced DJ Bruce J offers professional sound and affordable pricing for your special day.4.  cake - we used great cakes of the obx (marsha johnson).  she was very nice to work with, no issues.  our cake was amazing (taste and look), plus we did cupcakes.  you can email me at robynjkrastel@yahoo.com if you have any questions!
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kimberlyh1kimberlyh1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For flowers- Renee Landry did our flowers and reception decor and everything was amazing...beyond what I expected! Officiant- Rev Jay Bowman is the best! Very cool and professional! Cake- Just Desserts...looked amazing and tasted the same..all the guests raved! Let me know if you want to see pics
  • Options
    MartiGMartiG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to see KimberlyH1's response as I'm using Renee Landry, Rev. Jay Bowman, and Just Desserts for my Oct. 10 wedding. I'll post reviews after the event.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!Our wedding is on 9/12/09 and  I can give you a referral for DJ and Flowers.  We are using the Embellishers and they are wonderful to work with.  They will also do your "day of" coordination if you don't have a wedding planner.  Very thorough and so great to work with! For DJ, we are also using DJ Bruce. I saw someone else is using him and I will also echo her comments.  He is so laid back but very professional.  Not pushy and overbearing like some other DJs.  He is young and knows his stuff.  I was impressed from the first time I met him at the wedding expo. Hope this helps! Depending on when your wedding is, I can update you after ours is over!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kstar -- I am also using the Embellishers!!! Aren't they the best? As far as I'm concerned, they were 1/2 the price as Blooms plus, Gail and Brenda are the greatest! I brought my "entourage" to the OBX a couple weeks ago to meet them and they were awesome! Sweet and very knowledgeable... They will be doing our 'day-of'' coordination and set-up and I'm so glad. We don't have to worry about anything! Most coodinators are 900+ for day of, the Embellishers were half that.
  • Options
    ksandoeksandoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Thanks everyone...you have all been so helpful.  I have booked Bob Woody as the officiant.  Now I just have to make up my mind about everyone else.  I can't remember who posted that they would get back to me after their wedding in Oct., but if you remember that would be awesome!   Thanks again!
  • Options
    allipickallipick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ BRUCE! our entire reception was chanting his name by the end of the night. so good.
  • Options
    dawnchitdawnchit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I just got married at the Love Boat in Frisco this past April, and we had cupcakes. They turned out beautifully. I'd be glad to send pix if interested.
  • Options
    ksandoeksandoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of the referrals.  Dawnchit, I'd love to see your pics and get the name of the place that did your cupcakes :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards