North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Bamboo Arch

Hey there!  Has anyone used or plan on using a bamboo arch for their ceremony?  I really like the look of one and want to do it, but everywhere I've looked, has do it yourself instructions, but it just seems like too much of a hassle especially since we will be traveling three hours to get there, so if we assemble it at home, there is no way to get it there!  Anyways, just wanted to know if anyone was doing this, and if so, is there a place to rent one? Thanks!~Melissa

Re: Bamboo Arch

• Options
    robynjkrastelrobynjkrastel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi!  we got married on a beach in corolla on may 7th.  my dad and some of the guys made our bamboo arch about 3 hours before the ceremony.  it turned out beautifully.  if you'd like to see pics, just email me at robynjkrastel@yahoo.com. my dad said it wasn't too difficult.  he did, however, cut down the bamboo poles from our neighborhood before we left and secured them to the top of my sister's suv.  we live in maryland, so we had a six hour drive.  i can get specific measurements from him if you'd like.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cameron1228cameron1228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa, We had a bamboo arch that we used for our wedding on Captiva Island. Where are you getting married?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've recruited my FI to be in charge of that idea. It wouldn't be to difficult to build. Four 7 foot bamboo rods, and a peice of white fabric to attach. :o) Let's hope he does it right!
  • Options
    mpbarnhartmpbarnhart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can rent arches from various rental companies. Ocean Atlantic Rental etc. they also have the chairs and tables.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards