North Carolina-Outer Banks

how are you departing?

Hi!  I'm getting married at the Whalehead Club on May 20, 2010. I just wanted some ideas on how you guys are planning to exit the reception. The Club won't let us use sparklers and we are having a night time reception. Any other ideas or thoughts?THANKS!!!!!Audra (lynchburg, va)

Re: how are you departing?

• lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, If I were having my reception at the WHC I'd find a friend w/ a boat and depart on that straight from the gorgeous dock there.  You could have friends all lining the chippendale bridge as you sail away, maybe throwing rose petals as you sail under.   You could then book the Inn at Corolla Light (they have a dock) and sail straight from the reception to where you're staying that night.Ok, I admit, I'm a little sappy in the ideal wedding, but well done it could be beautiful and not corny at all!  We're doing sparklers b/c the Currituck Club allows it -- thats about the level of creativity at this point in the wedding planning game.
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that idea!!  We are staying at the Inn and thats a great way to leave, how orginal! I may have to check into that. I wonder how much it would cost to rent a boat for a the day.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards