North Carolina-Outer Banks

looking for feedback on the vendors i have so far :)

i'm getting married may 8th, 2010 at the currituck club in corolla. so far i absolutely love sarah and how responsive she is to everything. she has helped me so much with every single question i've had.anyways, the rest of our vendors are:flowers - renee landry/ bloomscake - great cakes obxdj - john harperwe ended up choosing a photographer from charlotte who would travel.in any case, any feedback you ladies have on my vendors would be greatly appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: looking for feedback on the vendors i have so far :)

• edited December 2011
    Who is your photographer?  Cheyenne?
  • aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope, his name is jerry phillips. he's actually raleigh not charlotte (can i blame the fact that i'm from virginia for getting those two confused? :)anyways, i loved his work and he's been absolutely fantastic to deal with so far. and he gave us a military discount which helped a lot!http://www.jp40photography.com
  • edited December 2011
    Interesting I've never heard of him and I thought I had seen every wedding photographer that operates in the Triangle lol.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, i won't know for certain for another 7 months or so, but based on the pictures i've seen and our interaction so far, i highly recommend him!
  • BeckystixBeckystix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married this October 16th and I am using Renee Landry and Great Cakes.  So far they have both been a pleasure to work with.  I will let you know how everything goes after my wedding.  Good luck with all your planning!  It goes by really fast!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sounds great, thanks!! it's early enough that i haven't dealt too much with renee yet, but so far my dealings with marsha (well, natasha) at great cakes have been good. it's just always reassuring to hear firsthand accounts :)
  • Meghan SpenceMeghan Spence member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married on 9/20... Renee and Great Cakes were both fantastic!
  • BeckystixBeckystix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tasted Marsha's cakes yet????  They are amazing!  Cake tasting was so much fun!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's good to hear!! :)and becky - yes we have. delicious!! after our tasting we ended up going with the key lime, it was too good to pass up. she also sent us home with a couple of cupcakes because her boyfriend lives in our hometown and she sent a couple of cupcakes for us to deliver to him with some thrown in for us as a thank you for delivering them. they were so good!
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I was married on 9/19 and had my reception at the currituck club as well. Renee was spectacular - not too much contact before the wedding (you have one awesome brainstroming session with her and then you really only talk by email until the week before the wedding). Even when we had an almost - crisis w/ the flowers, renee is a true designer - she solved the issues with ease and I think it turned out better than I could have ever imagined Currituck Club was great: Sarah is wonderful and really makes sure everything is covered. There were only 1 issue. You need to be SUPER specific with every detail of your wedding, not because of Sarah, but because they pretty much do a wedding every day and she has a ton of girls helping her. Therefore, while Sarah may know what is going on, her other girls may not understand what you've talked to sarah about. It lead to a pretty signifacant seating snafu that ended up offending alot of my guests (family). The moral of the story - be very very specific about everything and send someone that knows your vision and details to check out the club on the day of the wedding before the reception. Otherwise, everything was perfect - the dcor was exact, the food is very good and the ambiance is intimate w/out being clastrophobic. So yay for the Currituck Club! My other vendors were amazing as well: Photog: Neil GT Cake: Patti Cakes Music: Matt Cooper Hair: Heather Clark from Dimensions (it looked better than I ever could have thought - and she travels to your house the day of) I will be posting all of the details and reviews on my blog within the next week (link below) so you can see what it looks like in the Currituck Club when it's not run-over by golf stuff :-)
  • edited December 2011
    lkleffke -- I was just curious what you thought of Matt Cooper, we've booked him for our May wedding, going along with our location's referral, but was wondering what you thought.Thanks!!!:o)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the info!! that's good to know about the currituck club... Sarah can't be everywhere all at once, so I'll try to remember to write out all the specifics. That's also really good to know on seating. Right now we're right around 70 guests, so I'll need to make sure I keep in mind what going over 75 will do.I'm excited to see your pictures!!Also, if you don't mind me asking, where did most of your guests stay? I got rates at the Hampton Inn & Hilton Garden Inn... Hampton Inn was significantly more expensive than I expected, so now I'm a bit worried most folks will stay far away for the better rate. I had been thinking about providing my guests with a shuttle to/from the hotel but that only works if most of them stay at the Hampton Inn.Thanks!Aubrey
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aubrey- Under 75 and and all of your guests will be under the veranda, which is great. I posted some pics on the blog already, but not too many of the actual club. Those will come one Neil sends me the professional pictures. We sent our guests to 3 places for accomodations. here they are and their "grades": Hampton Inn (B) - very nice and where most people stayed. However, they upped their rates from a minimum of 2 to 3 nights 3 months before the wedding, when most people made their reservations. Needless to say, alot of people felt so stuck because there was no way they could take a day off of work. Its in their contract that the minimum can change, so just be aware and let your guests know to book asap. Inn @ Corolla Light ( D) - we had so many issues with reservations its not even funny, and I dont even know the half of it. All I know is that my mother and their management fought from Feb to September over reservations for my family members that mysteriously vanished, disappeared, were double charged, etc. My husbad & I did stay there our wedding night and it was very quaint and nice - rose petals on bed and champagne if requested. However, just beware to book with caution Sanderling (A+) - When the Hampton Inn smacked the 3 night minimum on my guests for our wedding weekend, we called Sanderling and they were amazing. They immediately gave us a discount for our party and let us know how many rooms were avaliable. They were VERY reasonable rate-wise and everyone who satyed there loved it. The week before the wedding they sent us a complete list of the guests from our party -- The other two we had to call and ask 2 times to get a list. Good job Sandeling! Goo- matt is AWESOME!!! he is very chill, professional, went by our song list and appropriately improvised as needed (if the songs werent on our list, he made sure it fit the mood). He makes sure to stick by the timeline and isnt cheesy at all. I would totally recommend him to any OBX bride. Hope this helps!
  • robynjkrastelrobynjkrastel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    marsha from great cakes is awesome.  our cake testing with her was so fun.  we chose the key lime bliss and it was amazing - best cake i've ever had.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that helps so much! I had originally written off the Sanderling, but I think I may have to contact them. And good to know about the Inn at Corolla Light. I've never stayed there so I was hesitant to recommend a hotel to my guests that I haven't stayed at, and now I know I shouldn't!Robyn - We're doing the key lime bliss too. We originally were so certain we wanted plain vanilla but as soon as we tasted the key lime we were sold!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards