North Carolina-Outer Banks

A Good 'Home Base'.

Hi all, We are getting married in Duck this April. As I've not yet been to the Outer Banks (!), it's tough to choose a good spot to stay. Would Kitty Hawk afford opportunity to go to some of the fun spots in Kill Devil Hills, but not be too far from Duck? We are still deciding whether to rent a house or stay in a hotel. Any suggestions are much appreciated. (As are any other suggestions, for that matter!) Thanks!!

Re: A Good 'Home Base'.

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where you would want to stay in terms of location, but I would imagine a house would be a lot easier and less expensive.  Plus it is easier for meals and just spending time with people.
  • rebeck113rebeck113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Likely, some family will rent a house and we'll stay with them for part of the week (and do hotel for a few nights on our own) or just rent our own condo. I'm just trying to see what town will give us the best vantage point for going out with our friends/family, etc. Again, thanks!!
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest finding something in Southern Shores or Kitty Hawk. Southern Shores and Kitty Hawk area are midway between Duck and Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head area. From Kitty Hawk to Duck is approx. 20 minutes maybe, if that, depends on traffic, etc...  Also you can rent cheaper ocean front/side cottages in Kitty Hawk area than Duck or other areas. Look at mile marker numbers when you book and look for lower numbers. Audra:)
  • rebeck113rebeck113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Audra,

Belated thanks for the advice/guidance.  We went for a rental house option in the Southern Shores area.  We'll head down in early December to get a better sense of the scene and try to figure out the countless other things we haven't squared away.  Best, Rebecca.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards