North Carolina-Outer Banks

Outer Banks Venue Help: Ceremony and Reception

Hello Ladies,My fiance and I meet in the outer banks, and would love to get married there next year. We are looking for a fairly affordable venue or a venue where we could have the ceremony and reception all in-one. Right now we are struggling to find a place that will not require a lot of work to pull our wedding together. We would also like to provide our own alcohol including beer, liquor, and wine since we can get it for a fairly good price, there is no need for us to pay extra for that...but I know most places require you to use their vendors. Do you all know of any sites that we can have a ceremony and reception for a 150 possible guest, that wont break our wallets.Thank

Re: Outer Banks Venue Help: Ceremony and Reception

• edited December 2011
    I would suggest checking out 1. The Saltaire (www.thesaltaire.com) and 2. contact nmartin@cottage2mansion about one of his properties.  I cannot remember the name of the house but he has a home that has a large yard on the sound side in duck that can hold at least 150 people.  I am getting married at the Grande Ritz Palm, but it only holds 125.  Also, Red Sky will allow you to pick your option with alcohol.  They will provide bar service for a fee and you can provide the alcohol.
  • jaxbjaxb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello - we just had our wedding (Sept 19) at the Saltaire. Ron is the owner and is a wonderful help. The house is beautiful also and was built and designed for the purpose of weddings. He rents it for the long weekends or weekly. He is also friends with the neighbors, and friends and family can usually rent the next door homes for partial weeks. The house isn't directly on the beach but it didn't matter to us. We had a sonerful wedding on the beach and the reception at the house (it's great to have the rain plan). The only problem you may have is that you would still need at to select all your other vendors. Most caterers we talked to allowed you to bring your own alcohol at no additional fee. Hope this helps.
  • admetzgaradmetzgar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer- we are also having our wedding & reception at The Grande Ritz Palm!  I'd love to talk a little more with you about your plans, vendors and etc. 

Our wedding is June 26, 2010!

my email is admetzgar@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards