North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Harris Teeter

I know there has several posts about them and working with Maggie. I was curious which store she was at and if anyone has worked with the Kill Devil Hills location?
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Harris Teeter

• Options

Hello!  I used Maggi and I believe it was the KDH one, it's at MP .5 or something.  I purchased my flowers from her and we made the bridesmaids bouquets, but I did have her make mine.  I admit, that I liked it and thought it was pretty, but I wasn't in love with it.  I wanted it to be a full bouquet of white roses with a few white lilies mixed in, but the lilies hadn't been in the sun long enough to fully bloom and it just wasn't what I thought it would be.  Communication was also lacking at times, which was stressful, especially on such a simple order.  I really do think Maggi is great and she made lots of suggestions and was quite helpful, but she also has her hands too full sometimes.  Looking back, this is one area I wished I would have spent just a little more money on.

• Options
    Maggi works at the KDH location. She is the only vendor that we had that I truly wouldn't recommend. Did I like the final result? Yeah, the bouquets and boutinerres were beautiful. But, the stress the week prior to, the day prior to, and the day of, with flowers wasn't worth it. I didn't do a whole lot of price comparison but depending on what you're looking for, I've heard that going the Harris Teeter route may not be that much more economical.
    If you're interested in going to the DIY route, there have been several people on here who have ordered from fiftyflowers.com and were very pleased and a lot of the local florists are willing to work with you to order the flowers and let you DIY (or partially DIY, we ended up ordering bulk flowers and doing the centerpieces ourselves but left the corsages, bouquets, and bouts to Maggi).
  • Options
    I used Maggi as well. I only ordered my bouquet and loose stems for vases we were putting together ourselves. She did take a long time to get back to emails. But I kept emailing her and reiterating things and it all worked out. I loved the way the bouquet came out and the stems we ordered were perfect and they even charged us less than her quote for some reason. But all in all I had a good experience, I think she is really busy and since so many people use her and she doesn't work for an actual florist that is where the problems come from. I had heard about all the bad reviews but that was after I confirmed with her and it was just easier to stick with what I ordered than finding a new vendor.  DIY really didn't work out with our plans and traveling, but that may be an idea as well!
  • Options
    I had a poor experience. As OBX said, she does great work. However, I went nearly two months without a single response from her. It was the week of my wedding and I still hadn't heard from her. I finally left a message that I was canceling my order since I couldn't count on whether or not I had flowers for sure. I actually went into HT the day before my wedding and saw her in there. (I didn't say anything to her, even though I wanted to.) She just looked run down.... as if she had maybe just taken on too much work. Up until the last two months, she was amazing. She always got back to me right away and made terrific suggestions. When wedding season hit, that's when her communication vanished. 
  • Options

I went to a consultation today with a freind of mine that is getting married in May of next year to the Harris Teeter in kill Devil Hills. We met with John at the flower shop and had a great time picking out flowers and talking about different ideas. Missy had emailed him pictures the day before and he had them printed out and had already made some notes about styles and colors when we got there. There were plenty of flowers to choose from and he also had pictures of completed bouquets and arrangments to see. I was very impressed at the work shown and his hands on approach in putting bunches together for us to see what would work together.
     We had been to another flower shop in Nags Head earlier and were there for all of 10 minutes, they had very little flowers to see and no pictures either. Missy was upset, but after John spent almost 90 minutes with us showing different flowers and styles for bouquets, corsages, bouts we left feeling very good about it. 
     He is sending her a wriiten quote within the week, and as long as the price looks good, I am sure she will choose him to do her flowers. I will be keeping up with how it goes for her to see if I want to use him too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards