North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hair

Hey I was wondering who is doing everyone's hair. I would like someone to come right to the rental home, but am open to going to a salon.

Re: Hair

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_hair-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:260c01c7-f3db-4aee-9a90-b5d0d66048baPost:7532808d-f591-488a-9f2d-5f23551e88c7">Hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey I was wondering who is doing everyone's hair. I would like someone to come right to the rental home, but am open to going to a salon.
    Posted by kolaughlin23[/QUOTE]

I'm using Bombshell's because she comes to your house and does hair and makeup.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may have read my post from last night, but I am having my hair done at the Sanderling (but having a church ceremony/ rental home reception).  I did consider having someone come to the house but the Sanderling is pretty close to the house, and I liked the spa/ salon a lot, so I went with it.  
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am having Its Royalty Salon & Spa do mine b/c we are getting married at a beach house ceremony in Nags Head and the salon is in Manteo right across from 108 Budleigh which is where our reception is so this works for me.  I also met them during the wedding expo and visited the salon and felt very welcomed and comfortable with them.

I cant remember whom, my apologies, but someone else posted about doing a dry hair run and Im really glad this was asked b/c I wasnt sure myself so thanks!

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Bombshell's also.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • rmacaryrmacary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Hairoics in KDH. They charge $150 for Bridal Hair (includes consultation) and $40 for makeup and for bridesmaids hair they charge $75.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Are any of you having to pay a % upfront?  The salon we are speaking with wants to charge 25% of the estimated total.....thoughts????

• edited December 2011
    Bombshell's asked for a 35% nonrefundable deposit up front, with full balance due 14 days in advance.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone heard anything about Hair Dimensions?
    The seem to be affordable and they are willing to travel.

For some reason I am SUPER stressed about hair and makeup.  I am finding that everyone is really expensive and charges a ton of money to travel.

Thanks!!
  • LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Sofia Decker.  I already had my first hair trial with her and loved her!  I'm going for my second one in 2 weeks.  She travels and I think she is reasonably priced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards