North Carolina-Outer Banks

OBX!!

HI everyone!

We were originally planing on our very informal wedding at Isamorada, Florida but I nixed that idea and now we are leaning towards the Outer Banks! 

I've already been bombarded with e-mails from different vendors! Needless to say I'm overwhelmed! ;o) We are estimating a number between 50-70. The idea we want to do is rent a couple of beach houses and have the wedding and  BBQ feast right there at the beach house. Then go out for the night in the town. Has anyone did this kind of thing? I've seen so many LOVELY houses on VRBO.com and I cannot even decide WHERE to do it. We don't want to be where there are alot of people but still want ot be close by to a town where the lively action is.

I would apprecaite any advice anyone has!!

Thanks so much

Re: OBX!!

• Hi and welcome! Have you been to the Outer Banks before? I would suggest looking in the Duck or Corolla area if you want to have more space between houses, or even the 4 by 4 area. There isn't really a whole lot of action though, in terms of bars and clubs, so I'm not sure what you mean by going out afterwards?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have rented a house and plan to do the same thing this October!  We found a house in Kill Devil hills.    There seems to be a lot around that area.  

I would suggest more of the northern/central obx to have more of the populated areas.  The further south and north is pretty spread out. 

We loved several houses in Corolla too, the 4x4 area was a highlight too, we just needed a large house to accommodate almost everyone that we could! 

I looked at VRBO and then real estate agencies.  Hope you find something! 

• Has anyone had their wedding at the Hemingway House? My fiance and I are having about 100 people and I"m worried the house might not be big enough!!! Please help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards