North Carolina-Outer Banks

Recommend your (resonable!) Photographer

Hi Everyone!
Can any of you recommend your photographer for our wedding day?
We are a casual couple and although photos are some-what important, they are not on the top of our priority list for our wedding (Catering/Venue and Music come first for this bride and groom!)

Any insight would be appreciated!  Ideally we would like to get a basic package 5-6 hours of coverage, for $1000-$1300.  Am I being crazy, or is this doable?

thanks for your help!!!

Re: Recommend your (resonable!) Photographer

• We used Matt Lusk for photography. I'm not sure what his package would be for what you are looking for. I would suggest going through the OBX Wedding Association photographers page and contacting those photographers that you like the style of. I'm sure you can get someone within that price range, just depends if you like their style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also using Matt Lusk but he is a lot more than $1300.  He is really great about working with you though, so it might be worth contacting him.  He is amazing!  He did our engagement pictures.  There are a few in my profile.
  • We're using Coleman Shots for our wedding. They've already done our engagement photos, and we were very happy with them. Just to give you an idea, their base price is $400/hr, and after researching a lot of photographers, I remember thinking that was a reasonable price. Hopefully someone else will come along with a more affordable suggestion. In the meantime, check out the photographers listed on the Outer Banks Wedding Association's site. A lot of them list their packages and prices right on their sites.
  • I used Sarah D'Ambra who was great and completely reasonably priced. Highly recommend!
  • edited November 2012
    We're using coastal shots! Our budget was the same and he worked with us to get what we needed! Also, they stay the whole day up to 10 hrs where all the other photographers said 4 to 5 hrs.
  • Thanks everyone! this is very helpful!
  • well if you can/want to bundle up, I got a great deal getting married at the pier house next october for 2999 for violin, dj, and photographer ... I believe 5 hours of dj plus ceremony violin and 6 hours photos...  with Artz Music and Photography.
  • Thanks once again to everyone who chimed in!
    We are 95% sure that we are going to go with Coastal Shots for our wedding.
    They gave us a great deal for photography and for a photo booth (which was on my wish list!).

thanks again!
  • You'll really love Coastal Shots! And the photobooth is awesome!
  • Check out Anthony Pakingan!
    Here are his rates that could fit your budget:

Silver Package                                                                                                               $1800

• 6 hours coverage
    • 2 photographers 
    • Digital negatives w/ rights on DVD
    • 100 Custom Enhanced Hi-Resolution Digital Images
    • Online proofing
    • $150 print credit

Simple Package                                                                                                               $950

(Monday-Friday)

• 3 hours coverage
    • 1 photographer
    • Digital negatives w/ rights on DVD
    • 50 Custom Enhanced Hi Resolution Digital Images
    Online Proofing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards