North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Hilton Garden Inn Pier House Menu

Hi!  We are heading down to do our tasting a week.  Anyone have any recommendations of food that was a definite or something to stay away from?  Thanks so much!

Re: Hilton Garden Inn Pier House Menu

• Options
    cbowen32cbowen32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good morning,

Curious as to how the food tasting at the Pier House went.  We have a tasting scheduled for next Sunday.

Thanks!

• Options
    stefrulisstefrulis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are scheduled to go on Friday....we are trying  the shrimp and grits, grilled chicken with boursin cream sauce, crab stuffed flounder roulades, bacon wrapped scallops, mini beef wellingtons, and the andoulli smoked gouda stuffed mushrooms.
  • Options
    JaimeNyeJaimeNye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh please let us know how the food was. We are getting married there for July 25th! The menu looks good so I will be interesting in to see how the tasting goes. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI!  We just got back from a week long trip out there and I already want to go back :-(  The tasting went great...we loved all the apps and really liked the chicken.  The flounder was ok, and we liked the shrimp but would look at doing cheese grits instead of just plain ones.  I would love to hear what others taste while they are out there.  We are toying with the idea of doing heavy apps and a few stations instead of buffet or sit down.  We are looking at having around 140 or so people and we are definitely looking for a party atmosphere and I think the sit down slows down the flow of the wedding and the buffet would be on the dance floor until after the clear it at the end and I am not loving that idea either.  What is everyone else looking at doing?  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked The Pier House for Oct 1 2011. what photographer are you using? Have they shot there before? Congratulations and good Luck! any advice iyou may have is much appreciated!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI csutern!  I am using a professional photographer  out of Charleston, SC.  She is one of my bridesmaids college roommates and is coming up for the whole weekend.  Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    JaimeNyeJaimeNye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a sit down dinner. We are having about 100 people so I was worried the buffet would take up a lot of room in the pier house. Our photographers are Outer Banks Productions. They are a husband and wife team and are reasonably priced. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using kristin starcher with like a dream photograpy- i will be getting married on 10/10/11. she is based in virginia, but does not charge travel fees. her prices are great (much cheaper than photographers based in the outer banks) and her photos are awesome.
  • Options
    Dani2780Dani2780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at the pier house on July 21st 2011.  Are you guys getting married on the beach or at the end of the pier?  I would like to do the end of the pier, but not sure what type of decorations to put there....any ideas?  Also, is anyone having their rehearsal dinner at the Hilton, too?

We booked Moving Art Productions for our photographers, they seem very modern and creative.
  • Options
    jessleighjessjessleighjess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone! I was thinking about having my reception there too but is their a website that I can show my fiance and family?? Thanks!!
  • Options
    princesskmpprincesskmp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jessleighjess,
    If you google the Kitty Hawk Pier House it will take you to the Hilton Garden Inn's website which does have one picture of the inside which is decorated for a wedding.  However, if you give a quick call to Robin, the sales director, she can send you an email with additional photos and pricing information without any high pressure sales.

Congratulations.
  • Options
    ADLangleyADLangley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys need to e-mail Miha for pictures...she's so super helpful.  She can get you pictures for both decor on the inside of the pier house and setup of chairs on the pier.  I'm having my wedding there in a few weeks with the ceremony on the pier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards