North Carolina-Outer Banks

Manteo Brides-Where was/is your ceremony?

Hi Girls!

My fiance and I were almost totally set on booking our ceremony at the Marshes Lighthouse. The rental fee is a little steep at $500 (it just changed from $250!!), but its really lovely and super easy being so close to our reception site.  

Initially I didnt mind that it was in a public setting at all, b/c Manteo is so quaint.

But, on a second thought, I dont want it to be so crowded/noisy that my ceremony doesnt feel intimate either.

Where did you ladies officially seal the deal at?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Manteo Brides-Where was/is your ceremony?

• Our ceremony was on the beach with our reception at 108 Budleigh.  We actually had some people on the beach threaten not to move for our wedding as my friends were setting up (and trust me they asked very politely), but that was the only issue with the public setting.  Thank goodness they moved, but I don't think that's an issue with the lighthouse since you're paying to rent it.  You'll have some onlookers, but that'll happen pretty much everywhere in the OBX (except churches). 
    image June 22, 2012
  • You could also look at Elizabethan Gardens.  JAK33 was married at the Marsh Lighthouse so she can give you some information on that specific location.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Thanks Jen!
    Thats so rude that they threatened not to leave!! some people!!

I LOVED your beach pix!! My fiance is kind of antsy about a beach wedding though ('too sandy' for him...haha-duh, its the beach!).  But I understand what he means.

Thanks for the advice, I'll also check out the gardens...I didnt even think of that!

• We had our ceremony on the beach and our reception was at 108 Budleigh and it was amazing!  Some of my favorite pics though were taken at Marshes Light.  I would also recommend looking at the obx wedding assoc at www.obxwed.com

• Yep, I had it at the Lighthouse and wouldn't have changed it for anything, I had 30 seats out, but most people wanted to stand so the seats weren't even filled. I had 75 people and it felt very comfortable. I actually looked at the pics and it looks empty to me. The locals and tourist know enough to see a wedding is going on and back off for the short time. Everyone could hear the music and ceremony. I have a tape of it, the camera was in the back and you can hear everything. I paid 250 but would have easily paid 500 since it was the perfect fit for us. I loved being able to walk to the Budleigh after where the reception was. Good luck!
  • Thanks for the feedback, JAK! Thats great to know!

I know! i love the idea of everyone just strolling down the street :) super easy!

Thanks again!
  • edited September 2012
    We are thinking of doing Marshes Light as well, but now I am hesitant hearing that the price has gone up.. We are having our reception at Budleigh, and I too was looking forward to being able to walk there from the ceremony. I have even thought about renting a room at the Roanoke Inn and making the walk all the way down the boardwalk to the lighthouse. I might still talk Mike into doing it though, we were there last week and pretty much fell in love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards