North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Anything Fun to do??

Hello Ladies:

I am getting married in the OBX in November. My FI and I have rented a house that our entire immediate family will be staying in for the week of Thanksgiving.. (we are getting married the Tuesday before) Since I am having a "family only" wedding... I was trying to think of some things that the girls could go out and do the day before just the girls... and the guys could do as well. I looked on the outerbanksweddingassociate.com website... and it gives you a link for activities, but those are all BIG activities... I was kind of hoping to do something more low key.. I dont care if its going to see a chick flick or something...we are getting married in Nags Head and I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on some good ideas, or knew of some things in the area.. Thanks girls!!

Re: Anything Fun to do??

• Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always think it's fun to take lessons of some sort (maybe kite flying at Jockey's Ridge?)... not sure if you consider that a "big" activity or not, but it would be different for sure.  Or you could go get a mani/pedi and catch a film (there is a theatre there).  You could go to ome of the vintage stores together, or go to Duck or Manteo (or Ocracoke if you're super adventerous) for the day; I'm not sure when businesses start closing down for the season though.  There's at least one golf course if your guys are into that. 
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Brianna,
    Found this list on visitob.com: http://www.outerbanks.org/events/calendar_of_events/november.asp

There were some cool suggestions on there. Lighthouses are always fun to visit. The "Kites With Lights" thing sounds really cool and would be happening when you are your fam are there. Hope this helps :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    One of my favorite theatres there is The Pioneer Theatre in Manteo, which is just across the water and they only show 1 movie at a time and it's only $5!!!  It's a really old theatre and would be perfect after mani/pedi's and lunch.  Manteo is gorgeous and has some of the neatest little shops in the area.  It's a very small town...very Andy Griffith (and yes, he does live there actually, lol)...with little shops and boutiques along the streets.

The Shops @ Scarborough Faire in Duck are really neat as well and that could be a fun "girls only" shopping day.

For the guys...there is always golf, yet it will be cold that time of year and fishing is obviously a no go.  They could go bar-hopping or like Jen suggested, hang-gliding at Jockey's Ridge or something.

• Options
    evenundomielevenundomiel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here's a great website --

they have a complete listing of events for the outer banks the week that you're coming. the local businesses update it themselves...so it's really complete. they have little events and big stuff. lots of good ideas!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards