North Carolina-Outer Banks

what to do with guests?

We just started looking into an OBX wedding, and I love the idea of everyone renting houses together rather than staying in a pricy hotel. However, when you girls do this...what do the guests typically do for meals? Do people grocery shop? How has this worked for you?

Re: what to do with guests?

• I think for most of us, our immediate families, bridal party and closest friends went in together and rented homes together to cut down on costs and we listed hotels we had blocked off for our guests who were only coming down for a night or two.  I think most guests realize that by attending an OOT wedding, they will be booking a place to stay for the night, so don't worry about it too much.  I would concentrate on your immediate folks only--talk to your family firsts and maybe have your parents help you get a feel for which family members may want to go in on a house together.  You and FI can also chat with your bridal party and closest friends about getting a place together.  If any of your guests are interested in coming down for the week, they will more than likely come to you or family members about which rental companies to look into OR they will just rent a hotel room for a night or two. 

For those renting homes, everyone chipped in for groceries for the week and cooked at the house.  We planned out menus for the week to keep things easier for everyone.  We also had a "welcome dinner" early on in the week for both of our immediate families only, and it was really nice having everyone get together for a poolside bbq!  My H and I had a place for the two of us and we had groceries for breakfast & lunch, but it wasn't a lot b/c we spent so much time with our families and eating together.  We did plan a night for just the two of us to go out for a nice dinner--1587 in Manteo is soooo good!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards