North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

vendor reviews

We are home and its bittersweet.
#1 most important thing everyone should know... if your rental home is in the beach nourishment zone have a backup plan. If my wedding was 2 days later I would have been knocking on people's doors asking if I could use their house to walk down the isle! It started early this week (supposed to start in june). It moves quick, but they are leaving a giant pipe behind them and it is definitely not attractive. I will post pics when I get a chance.
Our caterer was Currituck BBQ-- they were amazing and the food was reasonably priced and delicious. We got potato salad, hushpuppies, green salad, bbq pork, brisket, chicken, crab dip, cheese and cracker tray and cheese and veggie tray. The crab dip was awesome and everyone was impressed with the food.
Officiant was Lora Luce. She was also very reasonably priced and we loved her. Our ceremony was quick and easy and just what we wanted!
Just Desserts did an amazing job on the cake. It was a beach themed cake and was beautiful with white chocolate shells all around. It was also the best cake I have ever tasted! It was vanilla with amaretto filling I definitely recommend it!
Photographer was Bridget McEnaney. She lives inland and travelled to us. She was so friendly and already has posted a few pictures on FB for us to check out. She was by far the most fairly prices. She gave us a discount b/c it was on a Weds. She gives us 3 dvds with our photos on them and we can print with her for wholesale cost or print them anywhere else if we choose.
So all in all I recommend everyone we used! But watch out for the darn beach nourishment... they don't make it sound as bad as it is and I don't want anyone to freak out when they get there.
I will try to post pics soon!

Re: vendor reviews

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  I'm so glad you such a wonderful wedding and the weather was just perfect for you this past week :) Make sure you post some wedding pics too.  What was your favorite part of it all?

I am very worried about the beach project....we are at MP 15 and with the timeline, I am worried that they will be right smack in front of our house.  Will this pipe be in the way of pictures?  I really hope not....I would be beyond sad if I couldn't have beach wedding pics b/c of a pipe in the background.  But if worse comes to worse, then we can just drive up a few miles and take beach pics there.  I am reaaaaally trying to convince myself this will work out and stay positive :)

Thanks for the heads up about a back-up plan.  Funny about knocking on doors b/c my SIL got married in nags head 4 years ago and it rained right before she was supposed to walk, so a close friend and I ran two houses down from ours b/c this house had a covered patio and gazebo. So here we are beating on this guys house and no one was answering.  No cars in the driveway either.  We just looked at each other and said "let's do it!" and we managed to hustle 65 guests from one house to another and pulled it off.  The sun came out right as she was walking and it was beautiful.  To this day, I still don't know if the homeowners knew a wedding took place while they were gone, lol.  SIL told me "don't worry about the project....it would just be my turn to save your wedding now" 

Again, thanks for the heads up and don't forget the pics of the wedding

• Options
    kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were also at MP 15 and it was just at the house on Friday. I don't know if they ever remove the piping b/c it started just maybe less than a mile up from us. If they don't move it you could go to the other side of the pipe to take pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So glad you had a great wedding! I love reading the reviews so thanks! Just a question- how do you know If you're in this nourishment zone??
  • Options
    edited December 2011

So happy for you and that your day turned out to be wonderful!!! Congrats..

Im with you, OBX...I'm so scared about the nourishment project now after seeing some pics!!!! What are we going to do? ha Hopefully they will be ahead of schedule and be done by the time our weddings are!!!

• Options
    kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea... I think there might be a website, but I'm not sure what it is.
    I found out when I saw it just down the beach.  You might be able to contact the reality company or just google it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From the Nags Head website, you can check on 2 links that should be helpful to all OBX brides.  Their main link for the nourishment project is www.townofnagshead.net/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC=">http://www.townofnagshead.net/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={9BA20C54-6A4A-4039-8FCA-463771B8970E}

Under it, you can click on the Expected Construction Timeline Map or the Actual Project Progress Map to determine whether the project will affect your wedding.
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_vendor-reviews-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:371e1af8-84bc-4c74-9a71-7fc6bc991f43Post:ecb75f7a-9c13-4f5f-bab2-a845a66a8b61">Re: vendor reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no idea... I think there might be a website, but I'm not sure what it is. I found out when I saw it just down the beach.  You might be able to contact the reality company or just google it.
    Posted by kolaughlin23[/QUOTE]

I think your house is right beside ours.....I can tell from the pictures, lol.

The link that boderboo posted will tell you what areas have been completed and a timeline as to when the other homes are to be completed.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, this is in Nags Head?  I'm getting married in Duck.  Thank goodness.
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!  Did you get your hair & make up done?  If so, can I ask where and what you thought of it???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards