North Carolina-Outer Banks

Isaac, stay west! Joyce, stay east!

Any other Labor Day weekend brides/grooms?  We knew Sept would be a risky month in terms of storms/hurricanes, but now that the forecast is coming into view it's SO nerve-wracking!  FI keeps telling me to STOP LOOKING! :)

Re: Isaac, stay west! Joyce, stay east!

• Not Labor Day here, but the week of, Sept 7th.  I have pretty much reserved myself to checking the Tropical Update on TWC(The Weather Channel) multiple times a day.  I guess i'm not so much concerned with our wedding day(i'm pretty confident we should be fine), i'm worried about our honeymoon in the Caribbean!  "They" have been going through the there like trains on a train track!  Not cool!

When is your day Laugh Lines?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • September 2!  Yes, I am becoming overly familiar with the Tropical Update too!  

Oh, your honeymoon... the Caribbean sounds awesome!  Well, the bad weather can't stay forever, right?  So let's hope by the time you all leave it'll be clear as a bell!  

I joked with our caterer that our hurricane relocation venue could be the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA.  Just far enough inland, and who doesn't love a water park? :)  
  • Laugh, what is your name? I'm Rick, and FI is ksj on here. Where are you getting married at and using? Etc....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Rick and KSJ - I'm Andrea!

I always notice your posts - though we live in Virginia, we have a fondness for PA and Philly - I lived in Philly for four years, before FI; he's a huge Eagles and Phillies fan, though never lived in PA.  Just luck that we now share that! :)

We're getting married at an event home in Corolla.  You're at the Sanderling, right?  I love that idea.  I think we'll enjoy our setting - it is a lot of coordinating, though!  We are going with Ocean Boulevard, Rev. Tanya Barkley-Graham, Shirley @ SugarSnaps, and DJ Bruce Jones.  No cake - ice cream sundae bar instead!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards