North Carolina-Outer Banks

Jennette's Pier vs. Sanderling

Hi Everyone-

I'm pretty much in love with these two venues. Any brides/grooms out there deciding between the two or that have decided between the two? Would love to hear from you...

Also- based on these venues- if you have suggestions for other places I might like, please let me know. Beach ceremony is only requirement.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Jennette's Pier vs. Sanderling

• Both of them are gorgeous venues in their own right.....one sits right over the ocean with moonlit views and the other is on a grande resort with all the perks.  I know that Rick & Kel were just married at The Sanderling in Sept and loved everything about it!  We had a beach ceremony and our reception was at 108 Budleigh.

• Hi and welcome! Yes, we did have our wedding on Sept. 7th at the Sanderling. We loved it. We booked under their elopement package, which has a max of 40 people. So we had our ceremony on the beach and our reception at the Life Saving Station. I believe now all of their large receptions are held at their new sound-side pier. Jennette's Pier is beautiful, we opted not to go there because with 40 people, the space would have been way too large. Something to keep in mind with Jennette's is that you would still need a ceremony location. Might be worthwhile to check out Pelican's Landing, I know we had a couple of brides recently get married there, that's located in Corolla.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks for the advice!

i'm trying to pick my favorites in every category so i know what i should focus on at the expo. my wedding seems so far away, but it's really not. i'm sure it's crazy how quickly the time flies.
  • okay i really like pelican's landing now lol

this is going to be rough! Undecided
  • Joel & Emily were married there in June.  I am sure she can give you some great info!  I'll make sure she takes a peek at this :)

• edited October 2012
    We loved getting married Pelican's Landing. It is gorgeous and they include a lot in the rental which really helps with money and logistics. Let me know if you have specific questions about it and I can certainly help. I will say right up front that communication with Nina can be a bit rough, sometimes slow. Everything came together great, but if you're the type that gets really nervous if you don't get immediate responses, it might stress you out working with her. It wouldn't stop me from doing my wedding there if I had to do it again, just an FYI and an offer to answer anything I can!!
  • We are getting married at Jennette's Pier in July 2013. We are going down in a few weeks for the expo & I have an appt. to tour the Pier. I plan on taking lots of pictures & posting them if you're interested. 

We wanted a beach ceremony too, but then decided we'd have the ceremony inside at Jennette's Pier & the reception there to follow afterwards. I just didn't want the risk fo having an outdoor ceremony too much to contend with (wind, weather, having to mic people for the ceremony). Jennette's has tons of pictures of people who have indoor ceremonies you might want to check out!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards