North Carolina-Outer Banks

Ocean Grand Corolla

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I was so excited to see a whole board devoted to outer banks weddings. We're getting married 9/5/2013 in the vacation home Ocean Grand. Has anyone used this home for their wedding? I'm trying to figure out how to set up the cocktail hour and reception. We are having about 30 people, all immediate family. I'm also wondering how you guys handled getting ALL THE STUFF down there??

Re: Ocean Grand Corolla

• Hi and welcome!  I just checked out the pictures, and that is such a gorgeous house!  Where do you think you're going to hold the cocktail hour and the reception?  We are getting married in an event home also and are having cocktail hour around the pool and our reception inside in a large room.  It looks like the covered deck on the second floor of Ocean Grand might be a pretty place for the reception-not sure of how large it really is?

I've also been stressing out about how we're possibly going to get everything down there.  There are about 50 or so people all driving down though, so I'm just hoping we'll be able to split up all of the stuff we need to take, and everyone can help out and take something with them.
  • Hi and thank you! We're thinking of have the cocktail hour by the pool and I keep going back and forth about the dinner/dancing. The realtor I've been working with is super awesome and she was able to get me the measurements of the deck...the whole thing the covered and uncovered portion are 15'x24' so it's not really that big...I'm not sure if we can squeeze everything into that one area but I'm not sure how else to set it up. Congrats to you too. Did you choose a house yet?
  • I am sure if you ask your friends and family, they will all help take stuff down.  Between everyone we had 5 carloads of things to go down, and 4 to come back up.  Both sets of parents took things down, our car was filled to the ceiling, and then 2 friends with SUVs brought things down as well.  
  • Wow very nice! It's set up pretty similar to the house we stayed at for our wedding week.

http://www.carolinadesigns.com/vacation-rentals/ritz-palm-paradise-ii.aspx

We had between 25-30 people at our wedding and everything made it down in my mom's Pilot and my Accord Coupe, but we also got married at a venue. We had our rehearsal dinner at the house though. We bought beer and wine once we got down there, prices were similiar if not cheaper to what we pay in PA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe dinner on the upper deck and dancing back down by the pool? Or dinner somewhere inside with dancing on the upper deck? We're getting married at Wild Horse on June 6!
  • Beautiful home!  We are getting married in September at the Grand Luxxe in KDH - & it has some similarities to this one!  I am also trying to figure out how to set up for rehearsal dinner (having bbq delivered to home) & then the cocktail hour & reception.  Also trying to figure out how many tables/chairs to rent.  

We invited 75 (max allowed at the house) but I am concerned about space!  We are going for a really casual, relaxed feel so I figure we will have tables set up inside, on decks & out by the pool and people can sit wherever they like. 

Would love to see photos of anyone elses weddings at event homes!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards