North Carolina-Outer Banks

Twiddy event home rentals price increase

My official 2013 price was sent to me last night for "The Dream" event home. When I called and booked it, the realtor told me that the 2013 prices were not available yet and the new price may be increased by 3-7%. The new price is actually 15% greater than my original quote. Anyone else dealing with this? Seems absurd! Funny how the new price became immediately available right after they received my signed contract!

Re: Twiddy event home rentals price increase

• delilahjzdelilahjz member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Yeah if you contact them about this you are going to get the line that it is determined by the home owner.  If that is true some of them can be really greedy!  Increase and the cost of the events fee, which is just another was to get more money for a wedding, all adds up.  I am actually launching action against my home owner due to lack of maintannce of the house I was using.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_twiddy-event-home-rentals-price-increase?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:42c64f5a-2314-42bc-adfe-4b7ac48947eePost:b858b374-f4d6-4bd6-be49-b414df764888">Re: Twiddy event home rentals price increase</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah if you contact them about this you are going to get the line that it is determined by the home owner.  If that is true some of them can be really greedy!  Increase and the cost of the events fee, which is just another was to get more money for a wedding, all adds up.  I am actually launching action against my home owner due to lack of maintannce of the house I was using.
    Posted by delilahjz[/QUOTE]

Oh no, that is horrible! Hope your wedding went smooth though! Yes, this is all really adding up. With taxes, fees and the price increase, it looks like the house alone is going to cost $10,000 more than expected:{
  • [QUOTE] With taxes, fees and the price increase, it looks like the house alone is going to cost $10,000 more than expected:{[/QUOTE]

$10,000 more?!?! That seems insane!  My rental price increased slightly, I don't even know how much, but nothing that I wasn't expecting.  I just got the email last week too, and we signed a contract back at the beginning of the year, so it is just a coincidence that it was sent right after you returned your contract.  With that much of an increase though, I think I might be tempted to look into other event homes.
  • Same thing happened to us when we were looking at event homes.  The owner increased the rate by $2,000 and with all of the fees, it was just too much.  I was heartbroken and quite upset about this for a few weeks but then re-grouped.  We went down to the wedding expo a few months later and once I found 108 Budleigh, I was beyond excited and knew in the long run that this was a better choice for us anyways.  We ended up having more people than we originally thought and we didn't have to worry about the hassle of having at it at the same place we were staying.  It worked out for us in the end and I know it will for you too!

Have you considered looking at any venues or is there something special about an event home that appeals to you?

• Wow!  I'm renting The Dream in May 2013 and our prices stayed exactly the same as 2012!  I would've been heartbroken if that happened to me!  You might need to find a new home!!
  • Brindley Beach Vacations & Sales offers Special Event accommodations  for your perfect Outer Banks wedding.  No fee increases on our Event Homes for the 2013 season.  Call now to reserve your Special Event home with Brindley Beach 877-642-3224 or view our event homes here http://www.brindleybeach.com/WeddingSitesandAccommodations.htm
  • Vendors are NOT allowed on the boards.  Read the Terms of Service next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards