North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

How to decorate the beach house

Hey guys!  We're having our reception inside at our beach house.  Any ideas how to decorate?  Other than decorating the tables?  Thanks!

Re: How to decorate the beach house

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey. We are doing the same thing. A few ideas that I am doing...
    1. I purchased a dozen little white metal buckets that I am during into candles(bought supplies from Michaels); these will go outside around the pool/decks
    2. Flower(Tissue Paper) Poms in my colors(blue, white and green)
    3. Tulle and Lights along railings
    4. Flowers; simple
    5. In the bathrooms, I am putting soaps, lotions, etc in a cute sand bucket

I wanted to puchase beach balls in my colors as well, but didn't find any that wouldn't break the bank!! ha They got to be expensive when min. purchases were required.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you come up with. I can always use more ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to do lots of decorating, but I knew I would be limited on time.  We used white Christmas lights around the pool and various sizes of paper lanterns in blues and ivory.  We also ran a few strands of lights inside around the reception area and a few more lanterns.  A friend ran a leftover strand around the edge of a large dining table that the caterer used.  They ended up putting a tablecloth over it and it looked great!  I had wanted to run the lights under our sweetheart table with tulle, but there wasn't an outlet nearby. Like this:

We added a lot of interest with the tables by using white tablecloths, baby blue organza runners. baby blue napkins, gold chargers, white plates, blue glass plates, clear wine glasses and blue glass water goblets, alternating candle/sand/seashell/hurricane and hydrangea centerpieces, and lots of lit voitives.  I don't have pictures of the entire set up yet.  Lights and candles go a long way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We put luminaries all over the pool area and decks.  It looked really cool
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards