North Carolina-Outer Banks

Mallard Marsh or Jeanette's Pier

Hi all! My fiance and I are looking into a one-stop-shop type of venue (as much included as possible) since we will be planning from far away. I'm interested in Mallard Marsh and Jeanette's Pier - has anyone gotten married at either of these places that can share their insights? We are probably going to have about 60 guests and we are thinking late September/ early October 2013. We also do not want to spend very much money. Any other suggestions?? Thanks!

Re: Mallard Marsh or Jeanette's Pier

• Hi and welcome! On our planning trip, we met with Mallard's Marsh, I wasn't too pleased with the venue, and I didn't like that you couldn't pick your own vendors and save on costs with them. We had already met with Matt Lusk for photography and fell in love with him (me more than my husband), and we could have brought him in, but we wouldn't have saved very much money. We decided against Jeanette's Pier because we were only inviting 40 guests, and the space is huge, it is very beautiful though. Just an FYI- most of us have planned our wedding from far away, I live outside Harrisburg, PA, and we've had quite a few brides plan their weddings from Pittsburgh, so I wouldn't limit yourself based on distance. It might be worthwhile for you to consider an event house as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have seen both Mallard's Marsh and Jeanette's Pier...negative to Mallard's Marsh is not being able to pick your own vendors.  Jeanette's Pier is nice but it is huge so it may be too big of a space for even 60 guests...you can also only have beer and wine there.  The rental fee I believe is $3,500 with 10% off if you do it during the week and that is before doing anything so since you are watching costs I don't know if just that rental fee alone would scare you off!  Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_mallard-marsh-or-jeanettes-pier?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:51c7e9a3-405b-4cdb-8f9b-149cde18272ePost:400db89a-a9b5-40b0-8015-2db125745332">Mallard Marsh or Jeanette's Pier</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all! My fiance and I are looking into a one-stop-shop type of venue (as much included as possible) since we will be planning from far away. I'm interested in Mallard Marsh and Jeanette's Pier - has anyone gotten married at either of these places that can share their insights? We are probably going to have about 60 guests and we are thinking late September/ early October 2013. We also do not want to spend very much money. Any other suggestions?? Thanks!
    Posted by cassied413[/QUOTE]

My fiance and I struggled with finding a venue for budget reasons. We ended up going with Mallards Marsh and couldn't have been happier! All of the vendors were great and very professional. Rachel was our planner and did a fantastic job with all of our planning including our wacky/hard to assemble center pieces! If you are looking for just a vendor and want your own vendors they also rent out Mallards Marsh by itself and I believe it is cheaper than the pier. We had originally either wanted the Hilton Pier or Mallards Marsh for just a venue but really felt the complete package was the best way to go! Good luck with your planning, I know it can be quite stressful, we planned ours all the way from Delaware!
  • We are planning from Philly and I am finding it MUCH more cost effective to shop around - The "one stop shops" all seem much more expensive!  We just booked The Pavillion at Pirate's Cove for 9/20/13 and it was very reasonable once you start looking around and adding up prices for various things!  Working on caterers now...THAT is a nightmare!!  Best of Luck to us all!  Kiss
  • In Response to Re: Mallard Marsh or Jeanette's Pier:
    I'm orginially from outside of philly but now live in DC. We haven't settled on a place yet but are looking at the pavillion at priates cove as well. Just wondering how many guests you anticipate? I'm concerned about such a large space feeling empty with only 150 people. Are you working with an event designer or other planner/decor company? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards