North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

eloping

Thinking of going to the obx to get married just my fiance and I.  Anyone out there that has eloped there alone, would appreciate any ideas, info and input.  Thanks

Re: eloping

• Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Mandy,
    I haven't eloped, but certainly thought about it. I found some great deals at resorts in OBX for elopement. The Sanderling in Duck had a pretty cool elopement package deal. Hope you find what you are looking for, and congrats!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    princesskmpprincesskmp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Mandy,

We also considered eloping and the OBX was one of our choices.  We are still having an OBX wedding, but now it is a large affair.

I think eloping to the OBX gives you so many more options.  Having your ceremony at Marshes Light in Manteo would be beautiful.  It is a lighthouse at the end of a pier in downtown Manteo.  If we didn't have so many guests, I would choose that location for my own ceremony.  

Because it is just the 2 of you, any beach location would be great because you do not have to worry about people navigating the sand, seating, and so forth.

For accommodations, check out Oasis Suites--it is located on the Nags Head Manteo causeway and it is absolutely gorgeous.  They have a honeymoon suite as well as other suites.

Good luck with everything.

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP on Oasis Suites....insanely gorgeous!!  A nice price tag to go along with it but its your wedding and you only get married once so go for it!

The cypress house inn is an old B&B in Kitty Hawk and they do elopement packages as well.

I would strongly recommend staying at The Cameron House Inn over in Manteo.  Its a B&B and sooooo pretty!  I stayed there for my first B&B experience when my sister suprised us for the obx wedding expo and we had the best time ever!  They are in the process of rennovating the rear house into a secluded honeymoon suite to open this summer.  I would call them and ask them about it.  Manteo is such a quaint little town with the neatest shops!

Happy Planning!

• Options
    RyanMoserRyanMoser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.beachballevents.com does a great job with elopements and also offers packages for couples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards