North Carolina-Outer Banks

Steaming your Dress

I remember a while back someone asking about getting your dress steamed while down in OBX so I asked my planner about it today.  Here is what she said - hope this helps:

There is a cleaners called Outer Banks Cleaners in the Southern Shores plaza. As soon as you cross over the bridge into OBX, its in the plaza on your left, right next to Cosmo's Pizza and an aquarium store. They are open M-F though.

Re: Steaming your Dress

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOO thanks for posting this! I've been wondering about it. My dress is has pleats all the way down and I've been stressing about driving for 4 hours with it in my car!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice find.  I was thinking about renting a steamer along with all of my tables.  Figured it would come in handy for all of the linens.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much HStafford!!!!  I will definately need mine steamed down there.  Our ride is like 8 hours!  Going to be shoved in the SUV with everything else!
  • edited December 2011
    chrissiek5...in the same boat!!
    will you ladies have your dress pressed before heading to OBX and if needed use the cleaner there??? or just wait until you arrive in OBX??
  • HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to just wait until I get there - I figure that I will need it after it is crammed in the car with everything else, so just getting it done once will be easier!
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, I'm gonna wait till I'm down there to get it pressed.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards