North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Any 2011 OBX brides lurking around here?

HI!  I've been lurking around here and posting every so often, so I thought I would see who else is going to be a 2011 OBX bride!

We are getting married July 1st next year in Frisco and the planning has been lots of fun so far.  Anyone going to the expo in January?

Re: Any 2011 OBX brides lurking around here?

• Options
    lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have just starting looking at OBX. My fi loves going there. He used to go spend a week there with his friends and I thought it would be cool to rent the same house and have the wedding there. But, I am still in the thinking process. We are not getting married till next September though. Are you renting a house and having a beach wedding? If so can you send me a link or something to the agency you used to rent the house from... B/c I am compeletly lost Thanks so much!
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!

I am a May 20, 2011 OBX bride and Im just sooo excited for our big day!  I know you are too!  I have been going to OBX since I was a child and I couldnt imagine sharing my vows with Brent anywhere else.  We are renting an event home and having a tented reception at the house....I want to drape anything that stands still with white lights, even the ceiling of the tent!  I want it to be a very romantic atmosphere for everyone.  I will tell you this, Seaside Vacations is the ONLY company in OBX that does not charge and event fee OR an additional deposit for having an event.  I have done the research and everyone else will charge an addt'l deposit of $1000-$2500 PLUS and event fee of like $1000!!  Its totally insane if you ask me.  Another thing to look for is the max # of guests allowed, they are strict about this b/c of sewage issues which is understandable for a small island.  Most homes allow 50-75 but if you need more than that, you will only find it in Duck or Corolla area.  Ummm what else can I share with you???  I wouldnt wait too long on finding your home.  Most brides will pre-reserve 1 year out for a $50 charge, us brides are pretty anxious and well, we wanted it yesterday!  LOL

Ok, so if there is anything else at ALL I can help with, please let me know!

Congratulations and Happy Planning!

Yes, we are going to the wedding expo in January but have already been down twice (once was our vacation) to look at event homes, restaurants, etc. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married June 24, 2011 in Kill Devil Hills.   We've rented a house for two weeks, but we're getting married on the beach and having our reception inside the event room at The Pearl.  We've booked our vendors and are now just waiting for the day!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    4/20/2011 here.  Getting married at the Elizabethan Gardens then having High Cotton BBQ brought to a beach house in KDH (across from the Wright Bros Memorial) for a nice laid back reception.

Cheers!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lenzi13- I am having a gazebo wedding that is near the sound since we have many elderly guests that won't be able to navigate the sandy beach.  We've rented an event home that has a big yard in the front and back, along with an outbuilding on the back of the property.  As OBX2011 said, they do charge a $1,000 event fee though.  

Congratulations to everyone!  
  • Options
    LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    October 1, 2011.  We are getting married at The Whalehead Club and the reception is at Aqua S Restaurant.  Happy planning! :)
  • Options
    dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    April 28, 2011 here!  We are having the ceremony at Holy Redeemer by the Sea and having the reception at an oceanfront event home in Duck or Corolla -- we are torn between two houses -- there are so many beautiful homes, it is hard to choose!  I can't believe it's just over 7 months away!!  Time goes soooo fast!  
  • Options
    MGreggBBlaireMGreggBBlaire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is an OBX wedding association.  They will send you a catalogue of vendors and you will get all that you need from their website. Email me if you need MGregg_01@hotmail.com 
  • Options
    MGreggBBlaireMGreggBBlaire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try the OBX wedding association - you an get a free catalogue
  • Options
    stefrulisstefrulis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married May 27th at the Hilton Garden Inn Pier House.  We just got back from a week long trip out there and I already want to go back!  Good luck planning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    7.15.2011! We're getting married at the Elizabethan Gardens and having the reception at 108 Budleigh.
    Happy planning to everybody!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    May 7, 2011 in Nags Head! So excited to get down there in a few weeks and get some plans laid out! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked there too! Oct 1, 2011. I am sooooo excited its like a dream come true to get the Pier House!! What photographer are you using? Have they shot there before? Good Luck and any advice would be much appreciated!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    9.4.11 in Pine Island!!

Anybody have an idea of what vendors will probably not all be booked by the wedding expo? Esp. photographers! how quick do they go?
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    October 15, 2011 is my big day! And yes, I will definitely be in OBX in January for the Wedding Expo! We are still in early planning stages but are thinking- ceremony on the beach, reception at a rental home in Nags Head or KDH. We are both from the DC area but love, love, love the Outer Banks! My family is coming in from Cali for the week of the wedding and I'm super excited about having them all together.

We are interviewing photographers, violonists (for ceremony), and DJs this coming weekend. Any recommendations?

Also, we met with Brooks the Florist in KDH and liked him but want to keep our options open. Anyone find another florist in the area worth checking out???
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

August 15th!  We booked our house and officiant and we'll start looking for caterers soon.  We are hoping the LeftBank will do offsite catering. 

Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    May 28th, 2011! Ceremony will be on the beach in Duck, NC with the reception at the Saltaire House. Just booked an officiant, photographer, and DJ...it feels good to make decisions!
  • Options
    chelsealy02chelsealy02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    10.15.10 here - just 10 more days!  :)  whalehead club, poolside reception at a rental home afterward.

good luck to you '11 brides!  i highly recommend the expo - but have a plan as to what vendors you really want to see.  there are SO many vendors and activities, there's no possible way to see it all in one weekend.
  • Options
    cbowen32cbowen32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    April 15, 2011 Kitty Hawk Pier House!
  • Options
    jam679jam679 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    June 4, 2011!

We're doing the ceremony at the Elizabethan Gardens and the reception at the aquarium!  We got engaged in July 2009, so I was able to make it to the 2010 wedding expo and I definitely recommend it.  I found the wedding tour really helpful, it was great getting to see all of the places in person and not through pictures online - some places looked a lot different than I thought they would.  For the actual expo - I got a lot of great info, although it was a bit overwhelming.  If I had to do it over again I definitely wouldn't have gotten there right when it opened, it was a mad house!  As the day went on it cleared out a good amount and I don't think I would have missed out on anything if I had come a little later.  Not sure if they'll do this again this expo but Village Realty had some pretty sweet bride and groom visors that we are definitely planning on including in some goofy wedding photos, be sure to check them out!  We were contemplating going down for it this year, but we have the majority of our vendors picked out and it would be a long drive to go down just for fun.  

Happy planning!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jam679jam679 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sarahebrown - 

for flowers, we loved Renee Landry!!  I get the sense though that she's maybe pricier than others, but we didn't check out anyone else so I'm not sure.  But, I absolutely loved everything she's done and she's super nice!

For ceremony music we're using Club Violin.  We had a chance to meet with Leslie when we were down a few weeks ago and she's also great!  She was really enthusiastic about our music choices and was really open to using music that she hadn't done before for some of the songs.  

We're using DJ Bruce for our DJ.  With all of the awesome reviews I read I felt like I couldn't not book him!  

We're not using a photographer from the area, she's from VA but her fam has a house on the outer banks.  Her name is Rebecca Keeling and we love her too!  If you decide not to go with someone on the outer banks, def check her out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are getting married August 5, 2011 at the Kitty Hawk Pier House. So excited! I've been to the Outer Banks many times but we have not been there since we started the wedding plans.  Should we attend the expo?  And does anyone have any suggestions for food at the Pier House? Thanks!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

9/10/11 for us! We are having the ceremony sound-side at sunset at the Roanoke Island Aquarium and moving indoors afterwards for dinner next to the shark tank! We loved likeadreamphotography and booked them, and are about to book a caterer. A friend of ours will be doing the DJing to save some $$$. So excited!

• Options
    princesskmpprincesskmp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking forward to the expo in January and I have my plan of attack in place.  I have narrowed down my venue to several choices:  Kitty Hawk Pier House, 108 Budleigh, and the NC Acquarium.  I am interested in any thoughts you all have regarding any of these venues and how your experience has been dealing with them so far.  I have the acquarium last on my list because of the limited alcohol they allow you to serve (petty reason I know) but cocktails are pretty important to me and my guests.

Congratulations to everyone and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards