North Carolina-Outer Banks

Bombshell's Makeup?

Anyone heard anything good or bad about Amber from Bombshell's Studio? Looking for a good makeup artist in the area and she was recommended by Outer Banks Wedding Assoc.
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Bombshell's Makeup?

• edited December 2011
    I talked to her.. her prices were really reasonable but I only have one bridesmaid and she was going to charge me $100 for a traveling fee despite the fact that our location is within 20 minutes of hers. Still.. she seems quite talented! I just didn't have a traveling fee in my budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok sorry.. I think I'm talking about somebody else! But I'm still sure that I talked to Amber and she was both helpful and very nice. I've chosen to go with someone else though..
  • edited December 2011
    hi!

i used amber for both my hair and makeup...she did a great job...the only thing that upset me was she was late, which then put us in a tight time crunch right before the ceremony b/c they didn't realize how much hair i had!!...but everyone got done and looked great!  she was definitely the best priced even with the travel fee...let me know if you want to know anything else...you can email me at slhknight@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    I used Bombshell's for both hair and make-up as well.  Amber and Stephanie did an AMAZING JOB and the prices are very fair.  I had a trial run done with my regular hairstylist and took pictures to Amber because I had no time to do a trial run.  The day of my wedding my hair came out beautiful, a real work of art. As far as make-up goes after seeing my hair I just told Amber to do what she thought would look the best.  I loved the dramatic eyes the false lashes really looked great without being over the top and she even was able to make my scar disappear. 
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls! This totally helps.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • chefluva55chefluva55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just was married on 4-15-2011 and Amber is fantastic!! She is very professional and did my hair even better than the picture I showed her that I wanted. My makeup was gorgeous and I honestly have never looked prettier than on that day. I highly reccommond Amber for bridal and bridal party hair and makeup.
  • edited December 2011

I used Lauren Gurski, All Eyes on the Bride makeup, and she worked her magic on our wedding day! I had never had airbrushed makeup before and was originally a bit nervous about it. However, it was so lightweight, covered all my blemishes, and turned out beautifully in our wedding photos. I had initially booked makeup with another vendor but after seeing her website pictures and reading about her style, I knew I had to contact her. It was a great decision! She uses the best products and is very conscious about sanitation.  She was professional and easygoing- a great combination for someone keeping you company on your wedding day. I wish her much success and I hope other future brides that read this decide to book her services... you will be extremely happy you did!

• One of my best friends got married in the Outer Banks last year and she hired All Eyes on the Bride to do her makeup and the bridal parties. The makeup artist Lauren was fantastic, traveled to us, and we all looked stunning, and she did airbrush makeup which was fantastic. I stopped at her booth at the recent expo and chatted her up to say hello. I told her I would definitely be booking her for my wedding makeup in 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards