North Carolina-Outer Banks

What a week - Vendor Reviews

Hi Everyone,

We were able to get our wedding in between the earthquake and being evacuated. It was quit a week! To top it all of the massive waves stole my husbands wedding band after only having it for 10 hours..haha.

I wanted to give a few quick vendor reviews:

Gracenotes - Sarah was the most amazing violin player I have ever heard. She had great suggestions and really made the ceremony beautiful. I highly recommend her.

Great Cakes - The carrot cake, red velvet cake, and white cake were awesome.

The Pearl - Not what I expected...very disappointed. If i had to do it again I wouldn't have done it there. The food was good.

Lauren Cowart Photography - She is super sweet and easy to work with. Haven't seen the pictures yet.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Re: What a week - Vendor Reviews

• kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hubby also lost his ring in the ocean within 12 hours of the wedding!!! We went and got a cheap one to finish out the week, then got another when we got home. Sooo rediculous!
  • edited December 2011

I didn't let DH wear his in the water for that very reason!  He thought I was being paranoid.  It does make you wonder what ever happens to them though... like if they ever wash up somewhere. 

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you at The Pearl.  I wouldn't have picked the planning process again either, but our day of went smoothly.  Sarah is getting married there next month, so I'm sure we'd both like to hear a recap of your day. 

But... you're married!!  I can't wait to see pics.  Congrats, MRS!

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Glad you made it back safely although sad for you guys that your hubby's ring got lost. But you're a MRS now and have an amazing story to tell your kids in the future!! Just think :)

I'm the bride that Teach mentioned above, having my wedding at the Pearl in a little over a month from now. Would love to hear your experience, since mine leading up to the wedding has not been stellar to say the least. If you want to share, you can PM me.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Men losing their rings on their honeymoons (typically in the water) is unfortunately pretty common.  Your fingers shrink when they get cold, like in the water and your rings slip off easier.  Most men aren't used to wearing jewelry and tend to get sized a little too big or loose.  It feels restrictive to them because they aren't used to it.  A little like a ball and chain feeling I guess.  :)

Glad you were able to squeeze in your wedding between nature's events.  Think of the stories you will have to remember and tell.  I had lightning strike as we were exchanging vows!
  • SNUFF11311SNUFF11311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls...it makes a great story. He left a piece of us in OBX!
  • hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  We were in the OBX last week as well and we were leaving the beach one day and my DH was brushing off his feet to get in the car and his ring flew off.  We did end up finding it but I was nervous.  He left it in the car when we went on the beach after that. 
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I will definitely make sure I keep tabs on the ring while we are down there!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, not ALL men lose things! Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Carygirl14Carygirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren Cowart Photography.  Haven't heard of her.  Was it only one photographer?  Was she reasonably priced?  I'm getting overwhelmed with pricing-I had no clue lots of photographers were going to be $3,000+.  We want someone for the ceremony and the whole five hour reception.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You should look at Outer Banks Productions.  I just used them for our wedding 2 weeks ago and they did a fabulous job and the pricing was a deal!

• Carygirl14Carygirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, thanks.  I'll check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards