North Carolina-Outer Banks

Cake Vendors-Any Recommendations?

HI!  I was wondering if anyone had any good, reasonable recommendations for cakes.  I hate the idea of spending a fortune on a cake but still want an actual wedding cake.  Thanks!

Re: Cake Vendors-Any Recommendations?

• JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Patti Cakes.
    Emily is so wonderful.  She's right as you cross the boarder into NC so pricing is way less than once you cross the bridge into town.  I'm getting a large 3 tiered fondant cake w/ a lot of details and its only $600, which is quite a bit cheaper than quotes from in town that I'd gotten.
    imageAnniversary
  • stefrulisstefrulis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!!
  • mpbarnhartmpbarnhart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great Cakes of the Outer Banks. They have free tastings and are very nice!
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Patti Cakes - one of my favorite vendors.  Emily is creative, fun, outgoing and very very affordable.  I heard for weeks afterwards from my guests how much they loved how the cake tatsed (it was fondant -- so she did something to make it not taste gross, because the fondant I've normally had is nasty -- Emily's was insanely tastey)

Heres a picture of my cake that she did!

Wedding cake
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Hi!  Thanks for the cake tip for Patti Cakes!  I went to the mtrlmusings website and found some really neat stuff under the weddings, but Im not sure which cake was yours?  Is your cake white w/black trim and just absolutely gorgeous roses surrounding it?  If so...wow!!!  THat is a really pretty cake! 

My mother is a cake-master and can make some truly amazing creations, however, I want her to share and enjoy this specia day and not be worried about her daughers wedding cake.  I am very excited to speak with Patti Cakes and to try her "updated" version of fondant as I agree that it usually tastes pretty gross, like thick plastic or something! LOL

Again, thanks for the tip!

• fisherseamonfisherseamon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We found that Atlantic Cake company was great. The key lime icing was a hue hit at our weding and they wer much cheaper then all the other cake vendors we found near kitty hawk.
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

obx2011:  mtrlmusings.blogspot.com is actually my blog.  The picture of my wedding cake is the one that the words "wedding cake" in my previous comment linked directly to.   If you went to my blog, click on "weddings" as a topic, you probably saw pictures from my entire wedding.  The square, three tired cake w/ the navy trim and coral flowers was mine.  

this is Emily's website: http://patticakesinc.net/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• robynjkrastelrobynjkrastel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_cake-vendors-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:918203ac-7392-4cc1-808f-e686b41e06daPost:5704a362-887d-4fa7-ad07-76fcdcd0ae45">Re: Cake Vendors-Any Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great Cakes of the Outer Banks. They have free tastings and are very nice!
    Posted by mpbarnhart[/QUOTE]
    we used great cakes of the outer banks as well.  marsha johnson is so nice.  did exactly as we requested.  awesome cake in appearance as well as taste.  perfect!
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try the North Carolina Cake Company.  She just moved to NC and her prices are awesome.  Her name is Amy Capen and her website is www.nccakes.com. Our cake was SO GOOD.  Definitely the best out of the tastings we did, and she delivered the cake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards