North Carolina-Outer Banks

OMG!!! ITS OFFICIAL...WE ARE ENGAGED!!

So I have chatted with several of you ladies over the past few months and even though Brent and I knew we were getting married, he officially popped the quesion on Christmas morning!!  The ring was around our Yellow Lab, Sarbelle's dog collar!  I was sooooo excited I almost fell off the sofa!  I cant stop looking at my ring....I think he upgraded it, wooo-hooo!!  LOL

Ok ladies, so I will see many of you in 2wks at the OBX Wedding Expo!

Much love & happy planning!

The future "Mrs. Thompson"

Re: OMG!!! ITS OFFICIAL...WE ARE ENGAGED!!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats... glad it's official!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS! How perfect! And what a cute proposal too.

Do you have any ideas for the wedding yet? I wish I could be at the Expo but I already had other travel plans. If you are still looking for a photographer though, I recommend Ginger Harvey of GingerSnaps. She rocks.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah!

Yes, I have tons of idea but i just can decide!  I am really really really having a very hard time deciding if I want the reception at a private event home or at an actual reception site.  I do know that the wedding ceremony will be on the beach, that is the easy part.  I have looked for months, weighed the pros & cons of each and still cannot make a decision.  Im hoping that once we go to the expo next weekend that the heavens will part and answer will just come to me, lol.

Are you going to the wedding expo?  I am very much looking forward to it!

Happy Planning!

• hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_omg-its-officialwe-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:940300f1-844d-4f32-9d18-2a2dd41aa3d7Post:a044f688-a2a0-4337-85d1-abcf9ab53055">Re: OMG!!! ITS OFFICIAL...WE ARE ENGAGED!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Sarah! Yes, I have tons of idea but i just can decide!  I am really really really having a very hard time deciding if I want the reception at a private event home or at an actual reception site. <strong><em>I went through the same decision. We found that the rental homes had lots more restrictions and generally cost more, so we booked The Pearl Oceanfront Restaurant in Kill Devil Hills.</em></strong>

I do know that the wedding ceremony will be on the beach, that is the easy part. <strong><em>Yay! A Beach Ceremony will be so beautiful!!! You can't go wrong with the pictures either, with the ocean as your backdrop :)</em></strong>

I have looked for months, weighed the pros & cons of each and still cannot make a decision.  Im hoping that once we go to the expo next weekend that the heavens will part and answer will just come to me, lol. <strong><em>I hope you will find your answers at the Expo too. Also, just spend some time driving around with your FI, see if any place catches your eyes, that's what we did.</em></strong>

Are you going to the wedding expo?  I am very much looking forward to it! Happy Planning! <strong><em>I wish I could go, but I can't make it! We already have alot of our vendors booked, so if I went it would just be for fun. Good luck! You'll find the perfect spot!!!</em></strong>
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     Hi ,

Congratulations !!!!  I know that this is a bit late.  I got married in August so I am not on this site as much as I used to be.   I had a similar experience to youl.  It was my husband's idea to get married in the Outer Banks, and I agreed that would be the perfect location, but he didn't officially propose until last March , about 7 months into the planning process.   People didn't quite understand when I told them I was planning a wedding, but I wasn't engaged.  Even my parents, when I called them a few minutes after he proposed,and I was excitedly telling them, "We got engaged !!!"  They were like , "you are getting married this summer, aren't you already engaged?"   They just didn't understand, it wasn't official until I got the proposal and the ring.   So, I am very happy for you.  

Did everything end up working out ok with your house?  
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

@ Stressmess....YES!!!  The house eventually worked itself out.  Since we decided to have the reception at 108 Budleigh the stress of finding the perfect event home went right out the window since I no longer had to worry about having the event there.  It makes it A LOT easier to find a non-event home with 8 bedrooms...the options were endless!

Thanks!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards