North Carolina-Outer Banks

Officiant and Day of Coordinator HELP!

Can anyone suggest an officiant and day of coordinator that they have worked with or are going to work with?  I would really like to keep the price "reasonable" on these, let me know if you have any thoughts!  :)  THANKS!

Re: Officiant and Day of Coordinator HELP!

• edited December 2011
    We used The Embellishers out of Wanchese - Brenda and Gail - and they were amazing day of coordinators. They answered every email, every phone call, every question I had. They were also our florist and did a fantastic job.

We couldn't find an affordable officient that we were happy with (over 1000 dollars for a couple hours of work?! No way!) so we asked a friend of a friend who was a pastor to help. All we did was pay for a hotel for him and his wife for two days and they were happy to do it. It was a paid vacation for them! As a thank you, we gifted them a $50 gift card.

Good luck!
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rev. Jay Bowman is AWESOME!!!
    We didn't need to pay a day of coordinator - the hotel our reception was at provided that for us automatically (Ramada Plaza in KDH)
    imageAnniversary
  • GreColeGreCole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2nd for Rev Bowman!  :)
  • LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marsha Johnson of Great Cakes is way less than $1000!!  I think her fee is around $350.  When we met with her, she said she pre-ambles the ceremony talking about how the Outer Banks is a place of rebirth etc. Really beautiful stuff.  We're really looking forward to working with her.  
  • evenundomielevenundomiel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Robert Woody is really wonderful. He's non denominational...does a beautiful ceremony. And he's open to doing new and interesting things with the ceremony. 
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married next weekend by Rev. Jay and the planning is by Nannette Kallestad . . . they have both been great so far but if you would like more information in a couple weeks I will be able to give feed back then.
  • jetobxjetobx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Dave Keller (AKA: Dr. Dave) Rev. Jay Bowman actaulyl reccommneded him to us since he was booked. Dave was fantastic. He made us at ease and everything went very smoothly the day of the wedding. I used Marie Russell from Bordeaux events for my day of planning. She had 2 assistants that helped as well and they were all fantastic! Everything was right on time and we were able to accomplish everything we wanted for the wedding. They helped set up everything and made sure all of my personal items were returned after the wedding. Choosing them for coordinating was the best decision i made! I am so thankful!
  • edited December 2011
    Rev Young is soooooooooo AWESOME!  She is nondenominational and will give you a ton of ceremonies to pick from or copy and paste together (anywhere from religious to not religious at all)  She is $500 and worth every penny. 
    So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I have to third the suggestions for Rev. Jay Bowman.  He was amazing!  He was great to work with for planning and he made the day of just awesome for us.  We got married on Sept 12, the only rainy day for two weeks - it cleared up just in time for the ceremony but it was still really windy, he took that and wove it into "the power of the day...  our day".  I have never attended a wedding where so many guests had so much to say about how amazing the officiant was, and in fact friends of the family were so moved, they are going back down to have him renew their vows after 20 yrs of marriage.  Best of luck to you!

Keri
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Rev Jay for our ceremony, and I think his price was very resonable- we met with him when we went down last month and he was so relaxed and made us feel really comfortable.

We're working with Gena from Platinum Party Planning for the wedding since we're marrying at a rental home and she's been extremely helpful! She's very organized and has helped me think of things I didn't even know I needed. We got prices from a few different planners and I think for her price, everything she does, and how great she is, it's a bargain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards