North Carolina-Outer Banks

Recent Hatteras Wedding- Vendors

I wanted to post the vendors we used for our recent wedding in Hatteras because I remember how helpful it was to read other's recommendations when we were planning our wedding.  Hopefully this helps someone :)

Welcome dinner- Sandbar & Grille- Buxton.  This location is a little on the small side; however, with our wedding only being family it worked great for us.  We had great sunset views over Pamlico Sound.

Hair/Makeup- Spa Koru - Avon.  Chloe is amazing.  I had a few pictures of the hairstyles I liked and she made my hair even better than I could have imagined from the pictures I brought with me.  I would highly recommend Spa Koru for your beauty needs...or even if you just want to relax before/after your wedding.

Photography- Sarah Kimmel Photography.  I searched and searched for a photographer that was reasonably priced and that did not have an outrageous fee for traveling so far south.  Sarah was soooo awesome.  She was very personable and her work is fabulous. 

Flowers- Every Blooming Thing - Buxton I did not have many interactions with the owner prior to receiving my flowers, but everything turned our fine.  My bouquet was white and pink daisies (although slightly purple).  A nice touch was added with small starfish pinned to the wrapped stems.  She also provided a smaller version of the bouquet as a keepsake (to be dried, etc).

Officiant- Barefoot Weddings- Buxton Very accommodating.  There were many correspondences to ensure the vows and ceremony would be just how we wanted.  The ceremony was very nice, short and sweet just how we wanted it.  The price was also very reasonable, which was great. 

Dinner following ceremony - Good Winds Seafood & Wine Bar- Rodanthe Awesome!  When we began planning we were looking for a nice restaurant for a small dinner after our ceremony.  We were having a difficult time finding somewhere that allowed reservations.  We found Good Winds and were very pleased.  We sat down with the restaurant manager, provided our budget and some ideas for what we would like served.  They created a wonderful menu for our guests that was better than I could have imagined.  They also allowed us to make a beer/wine menu to keep within our budget.  Lastly, the view is absolutely amazing.  I would highly recommend this restaurant for a wedding or just for good eats!

I think that's it! 

Re: Recent Hatteras Wedding- Vendors

• obxlaurakobxlaurak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I have heard wonderful things about Good Winds. 

Do you have a link to pictures? 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews!  I'm using both Spa Koru and Every Bloomin' Thing for my September wedding!
  • hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I used Every Bloomin' Thing also and I loved my flowers!
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome advice! Thank you ladies!
    I am getting married this September in Buxton at "Croatan Ridge". Any "Croatan Ridge" brides out there?
    I am sooooo excited, but nervous because I haven't seen the house! I am planning the wedding from Hawaii and will not see the house until I arrive for the week!
    Any input is greatly appreciated!
  • Thank you so much for the advice!  I've been trying to find places to contact, but it's hard when you live several hours away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards