North Carolina-Outer Banks

I'm a Love Boat bride!

Hi Ladies,

I'm working on more formal complete vendor reviews, but if anyone needs any information or reccomendations about any of the following....

The Love Boat
Our Lady of the Sea
Catering Co. Of Hatteras Island
Like a Dream Photography
Bagpiper
Hatteras Realty
Dimenzions Hair

PM or email me bigwuhead at aol dot com

We got married on May 20th at the church, reception, cocktail hour, welcome dinner etc were all at the Love Boat.  Everything was catered by Catering Co. of HI.  We had 51 guests, rented a tent etc... I also need to update my bio :(.

Good luck...best wishes!!!

Re: I'm a Love Boat bride!

• aprilrblackaprilrblack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forgive me if this is too bold of a question, but on average, how much did your reception run in terms of catering and rental (tent, chairs, tables, etc) costs? I'm trying to budget accordingly and would love some practical guidance based on the number of guests you had at your wedding.

The goal is to have a ceremony & reception that fits into the "casual but not too informal because it's an important moment" event for around 100 people. I love the gazebo and the whole set up at the Love Boat and am looking into whether or not it will work for what we hope to achieve. We're thinking ceremony at the gazebo, buffet dinner (bbq & seafood) served indoors along with the cake, guest seating & dancing outside under a tent.....any reactions? I'd love to know how you used the space...

Okay, enough questions from me! Thanks for your time and input! Smile

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_im-love-boat-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:a49ebbce-56bd-49c4-a1c6-f119dfbea3c5Post:0f36024f-041e-4908-852e-d5ba34ed29f9">Re: I'm a Love Boat bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Forgive me if this is too bold of a question, but on average, how much did your reception run in terms of catering and rental (tent, chairs, tables, etc) costs? I'm trying to budget accordingly and would love some practical guidance based on the number of guests you had at your wedding. The goal is to have a ceremony & reception that fits into the "casual but not too informal because it's an important moment" event for around 100 people. I love the gazebo and the whole set up at the Love Boat and am looking into whether or not it will work for what we hope to achieve. We're thinking ceremony at the gazebo, buffet dinner (bbq & seafood) served indoors along with the cake, guest seating & dancing outside under a tent.....any reactions? I'd love to know how you used the space... Okay, enough questions from me! Thanks for your time and input!
    Posted by aprilrblack[/QUOTE]

We were married in the Gazebo with approximately 70 seats on the lawn and still had plenty of room! We set up the "buffet" along the fence inside the pool area and the tables/chairs in the large drive. This allowed for the bar to stay in the pool area and saved room in the actual seating space. We used the "smaller" gazebo/canopy inside the pool area for our cake. (Kept it in the shade) I hope to have pictures to share soon. I don't know if there would be enough room for a buffet and the cake inside since there is only one door it might be crowded for guests to go in and out the same way. Hope this helps!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It helps so much, thank you for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate it! :) I am hoping to use the gazebo so we can avoid whatever logistical issues come with a beach wedding (it's lovely in theory, but daunting in realty to me). I was concerned about the yard space for the reception tent if we had chairs set up for the ceremony, but knowing we can utilize the space out front is VERY helpful!!!

Did you use Ocean Atlantic Rentals?

thank you again!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry for taking forever to respond.  Our entire wedding, church, reception, house rental etc was just over 10K.  This included all of our rentals.  We had 54 guests.

We did use Ocean Atlantic.  Our cocktail hour was around the pool and we had our reception on the back lawn under a tent (we got married in the church.).  Everything was outside.  We had the inside as a backup plan, but i would never have wanted to be inside unless it was raining and we didn't have a tent.  It was BEAUTIFUL outside.

Email me if you want to see pics or want more info...bigwuhead at aol.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries! I'll email you soon....
  • edited December 2011
    I am Captain Joe of the Love Boat
    email me at joe@spakoru.com
    and I will help answer your questions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards